RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] 2 - Melody

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
  I rode above the burning skies. Perched atop the smoking iron, I stood. I watched. I waited, the world around me crumbling into itself. We knew for eons that it would come to this, but now I alone am left. Spared, ironically, by the very demons we so opposed. The torch, unwittingly and ironically passed to me, I had no choice or future to speak of.
  If I had exhaled, I was not aware of it. In my lungs, quite possibly the last breath of old air ever taken. If only I could hold onto this forever... But, no. I would be as Lot, and below me; fields of salt. I would be as Orpheus, the old world; Agriope.
  With a hitching sputter, this foul beast begs to be lain to rest. The klaxon, her bellow. I look for somewhere, anywhere, to bury her. I speak soothing words to her, and then think that there may be no ears left in all the world to hear them. A patch of blue springs forth from an easel of red. I set my sights on it, and drive the smoking carcass of my conveyance into the planet's softest skin. She tears through with little resistance, and all goes silent.
  I surface, cautiously. My eyes behold naught but ash and ember. I make myself ready, and submerge. My hibernation is about to begin. When I next awaken, it will be for the last time. As my vision blackens, I weep.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:38:16 AM by boe »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I'm a bit confused as to how this relates to Drew, but it was nevertheless compelling. I'm particularly touched by the reference to water as "the planet's softest skin."
:tinysmile: