RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ralph's War

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
This is the script for a game spawned by a topic at the RPGmakervx.net forums, essentially people posted their own "revamps" of Ralph there were so many this idea came to me. I'd love feedback on the story flow as it is developing. The way I see it the story will have 3 parties and different flashbacks. We will see the failures that lead to Ralph's degeneration into drunkenness, the exploits (through Ralph's life) of Princess Honey's saving the world, and how Slipher became the savior of his world. so without further Adu:

In RPGMaker Actor 1-1 is known as "Ralph", the generic hero often the first to be replaced by project makers. Ever imagine what that feels like, to see others charge forward to be the hero, to save the world, and leave you in the dust?

Ralph 42817 feels just that way, and between bouts of drunkenness he tries to become someone important, but what happens when the Hero of Ages decides to destroy parallel worlds by executioning the Ralphs to gain the power to save his own. What would Ralph do?

You can also see updates to the script at my DA http://nekollx.deviantart.com/art/Ralph-War-WiP-187040056

RALPH (RLF)

Set Up:
“The Great Evil God plans to destroy all the multi-verses by absorbing the keystone power of the foundation of all the worlds, RALPH...and only RALPH 42817 can stop him.”

There exist worlds alongside our own, similar, yet different, and in each world exists the people, different only in how the differences of the world shaped their lives. A hero in one world may be a farmer in another....or the greatest threat to the universe ever seen. Even those legendary evils sealed away a thousand years ago may be in a sister world the greatest force for good, and as such shape the world around them as  ever present benevolent force as opposed to a sealed evil left untouched for ages. Enter SLIPHER the great white hared warrior (Evil 5), hero of a thousand wars, savior of the world. But when rumor reached him of a great evil rising, one even his noble band could not defeat he began a quest to find a solution. He found one, quite by accident, a magic mirror that let him look into other worlds much like his own, and again by accident he saw a boy named RALPH, a rather unassuming hero in training fall, and he felt a wave of energy, the Death of the RALPH rippled out, his energy empowering all the other RALPHs of the universe, it was a small empowerment considering the number of worlds but it lead to a breakthrough.
For months SLIPHER studied this phenomenon and discovered it was not isolate when any person in their realm dies it empowers all the others, and more then that it leaves that world vulnerable for only a instant, but if he acted quickly he could collapse that world and absorb a fraction of it's energy into himself, instead of letting it ripple out to the others. He had a plan, these other worlds were not “real” to him so there was nothing amoral about their destruction, especially if it would save his own world, and the RALPHs were uniformly weak, he would target the RALPHs, destabilize the world, absorb it and be ready for when the Evil that was rising to come to him, he would save his world again, the multiverse be damned!

Story:
Deep in the pits of Hell Slipher draws the Sword of Light high, the demon lord backing up into his thrown.

“That weapon won't kill me, and you will never escape alive!” Lucifer gloats.

“We'll see about that!” Slipher plunges the blade deep as quickly turns to his team. “Let's go!”

With a nod the trio shout, “Right!”

There are many monsters blocking their path as Lucifer's laugh resonates in the background the team making a break for the exit the entire place shaking.

“I'll trap all of you in here forever, tell me hero can you escape before I close the gateway?” Lucifer's voice echoes in the air as the place shake.

As our heroes run...FADE TO BLACK a invisible timer counting down so the player may not be in the same place when the fade happens each new game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FADE IN: A lavish but smallish house in a port town.

Slipher, in control of the player, exit the town, he gets praise from anyone he talks to, and at the castle he is let in where he can train some of the soldiers, things pretty good for Slipher, the player can even explore the world if he so chooses, but only before entering the castle. Once he enters the castle as he tries to leave Violet runs in...

“Slipher! Slipher! We got a problem!”

They move off to the side, “What is it Violet?”

“Prince Valiant and Ashley were captured, I barly survived myself. It was some kind of super demonthe likes of which we haven't see in years.”

“Did he demand anything?”

“No not really he just said 'The master's return is inevitable.'”

Slipher is visible shaken, “Do you think this means what I think it does?”

“He's returning?”

Slipher nods, “We need to find out more, to be sure, we need to plan.”

“The Tower of Oracles?”

Slipher nods, FADE TO BLACK

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FADE IN: A tall, tall tower, about 10 levels high, Slipher and Violet approach and enter, they walk the halls and we see a series of fade outs and in as they climb it, we don't see them navigate every inch just a few steps into each toward the stairs then a fade. On the top level they enter a royal looking chamber, in it we see...nothing.

“The Oracle isn't here,” Violet muses.

Slipher looks to Violet, pausing a moment, “Check the usual spots I’ll remain here, see if The Oracle returns, or if there is a clue.”

She nods and wanders off. Then we see Slipher pace around, there are a few fades showing him in different rooms, looking, until eventually we come back to the royal room, he moves to a window and sees his own reflection. Pacing over to the other window he sees the countryside but not his reflection.

“!” He moves back to the other one, his reflection is gone but after a moment he sees HIMSELF on the plains below, he watches the window and sees himself return to town, “Another me?”

Another series of fades, he is still watching the window, as he move to see what he sees we see different towns, different people, sometimes 'himself' in them. He begins to muse, “Other worlds? Other versions of me, some grander, some meeker, some common, some infamous. How very strange.”

He then sees a Ralph, he is a swordsman in training, but on his first adventure out he is killed, a wave of power ripples out knocking Slipher back a bit.

Fade to black: Over Text
“I soon learned the secret, for in all the worlds there exist versions of our selves, their stories different but all linked, and when one dies, that energy, marginal as it is, is dispersed to his twins. But there was more, I also learned that in that moment of death the mirror was connected to the world, and if I struck just right I could cause the world itself to collapse, but instead of the energy empowering the others I could focus it into myself, much energy was lost in the infusion and I would need to destroy several of these shadow worlds to get the power I would need but I now had to means to defeat Him once and for all, and save my own world.”

There is a long pause, “After all of what value is a copy over the real thing?”

FADE IN: Ralph 42817 wakes up in a pool of his own vomit, as he gets his bearings we see he is in a makeshift campsite.

“Ugggh,” he groans and pats himself down, “Oh great...*sigh* I'm still alive.”

He packs his camp and we fade out to the world map, “Well I guess I  better pick a direction.”

The player can now continue and find a town or what not. He is on the eastern continent, when he enters a town the towns people will will comment on his smell and move away from him, once he gets to the Guardian Barracks he is greeted by the Foreman.

Foreman: “Can I hel...holy...you reek!”

“I want to join the Guardians.”

“Come back when you've taken a bath man, then we'll talk.”

Ralph perks up, “R-Really?”

“Yeah whatever, just take a damn bath!” The Foreman says closing the door.

Ralph jumps for joy, “Whooo Hoo! I'm going to be a Guardian!”

He rummages in his pocket:
If he won any battles enroute and has some cash:
“Hope this is enough!”
Else if he avoided combat:
Ralph sighs again, “Broke...guess I better hunt me some monsters.”

Once he has some cash and comes back if he heads to the inn.
“How much a room, and do you have baths?”
Innkeeper, waving hand in front of nose: “For you, 70 GP!”

“70 GP? That's a rip off!”

“Yeah well your stank is peeling my paint! You going to pay or what.”

If he has enough:
Grudgingly: “Yeah here, scam artist.”
If not:
Shakes head, “M-Maybe later.”
He walks away away and sighs, “Back to monster hunting.”

Once he pays:
Screen fades out and we hears water sounds, when it fades back he is back at the innkeeper, “All Clean!”

The Innkeeper smiles, “Your room's still good till the morning, come back whenever you want. And if you can STAY clean you can have another room for half off.”

Ralph cheers, “Yeah!”

Back at the Foreman:
“R-Ralph?”
“Yes sir!” salutes
“Better, not much, but better, come in and show me what you got.”

Ralph is let into the Guardian Barack and lead down a hall, eventually coming to a sparing room with other guardians.

“Men,” the foreman announces the Guardians turning to salute, “We got a newbie here, any volunteers to give him a test?”

A hand raises, and the foreman points Ralph toward one of the guardians, “OK Ralph show Sam what you can do.”

You now can approach Sam, when you get to Sam Ralph has a choice:
“I'm ready.”
“I need a moment.” (open's menu)

The fight is pretty tough, it is unlikely Ralph will win but if he does:
Sam: “Whoa! That's some work out! Great job.” Removing her helmet we see Sam is a girl, “I'm Samantha! And your Ralph right?”

Several other Guardians come over patting Ralph on the back:
“Good job!” “Nice work!” etc

The Foreman comes over next, “Exceptional job Ralph, not many raw recruits can beat a Guardian out of the gate, the fight itself is mainly so I can gauge your skills, but now I am happy to say that your training will begin immediately.”

Ralph cheers, “So when do I get the snazzy uniform?”

The foreman laughs, “First you have to graduate, right now your only a Guardian in Training! But your off to a good start...Now there are a few more formalities then let me show you to your quarters.”

Ralph nods, fade to black. Ralph's Confidence meter raises a little, and his popularity with the Guardians does as well.
if he looses:
Sam: “You carry a mean sword but could use some work,” Removing her helmet we see Sam is a girl, “I'm Samantha! And your Ralph right?”

Ralph slouches, Thinking, 'I was beaten by a girl.' His confidence takes a hit. “Not good enough.”

The Foreman comes over next, “Don't beat yourself up Ralph, not many raw recruits can beat a Guardian out of the gate, that isn't the point of the fight though. The fight itself is so I can gauge your skills. I saw enough to know you have some talent, your in.”

Ralph blinks, “I-I'm in? So I'll get the snazzy uniform?”

The foreman laughs, “Not so fast! First you have to graduate, right now your only a Guardian in Training. But your off to a good start...Now there are a few more formalities after that I'll show you your quarters.”

Ralph nods, fade to black. Ralph's Confidence meter raises a little, offsetting the drop, his popularity with the Guardians does not change.

Fade in: Ralph, looking much better stands before a great monster, sword drawn, “You won't win. I won't LET YOU!”

“And your going to stop me little man?”

“YES I AM!”

Ralph charges forward, entering combat with the monster, but he is out classed and easily beaten, he is about level 7. As he lie on the ground a little girl (People 4-4) approaches, she looks down at Ralph, “Don't worry mister, I'll take care of the big brute!”

“A little girl?” the monster scoffs, “Don't make me laugh.”

“That's PRINCESS to you!”

A fight begins, it's still hard but clearly Princess Honey is a better fighter. And eventually wins, she is level 10ish.

Ralph collapses to the ground as he sees the monster die, 'I...was outclassed by a little girl...some hero I am.'

Fade to Black

Ralph's Upstagers:
Princess Honey (People 4-4) Class: Royal Knight, Level xx
Valient's sister, in Ralph's world she is the one, instead of Slipher who forms the team to save the world.
She uses a an armored glove.

SLIPHER'S GANG:
Slipher (Evil 5) Class: Knight Errant (Tank), Level 46
The Hero of the people, a great warrior trained since childhood by a even greater Knight. When a rift to the underworld opened up and demons and monsters began to tear the world apart Slipher and his small band of friends braved the very pits of hell to pierce Lucifer's heart with the Sword of Light, it did not destroy him but did keep him contained and most of the demons were also vanquished as a result, monsters still roam but are weaker then they once were.
He uses a warhammer

Prince Valiant (People 4-3) Class: Healer, Level 42
When the royal family went to war Valiant was made to stay behind, his sister the princess was a powerful warrior, his mother the queen a great sorceress and his father a great general, he was sheltered but when he met Slipher he snuck away from the castle to join his quest, Valiant is no great warrior but is a skilled healer.
He uses a royal scepter

Violet (Violet) Class: Brawler/Thief, Level 47
A tough as nails street urchin, always getting into scraps, a skilled but crass brawler she joins the team at first because it over more security then sleeping on the streets, and stealing to get by but soon grows to appreciate the teams goals and personalities.
She uses Claws/Bare fists

Ashley (Actor 1-2) Class: Ranger, Level 44
Ashley caught Valiant trying to slip out and owe to her honor began to track him, keeping a eye on him, and eventually revealing herself to the group and joining them proper as Valient's protector.
She uses bows but they are magically enhanced with other spells such as fire, poison, confuse, etc. A archery version of a Sword Mage.

Cast:
RALPH 42817 Of the World of Neko
Class: Warrior/Guardian in Training, Level 18
RALPH 42817 has seem much better and more skilled people upstage him every time and has descended into booze and self loathing, his hair is disheveled, his teeth stained from smoking, his eyes blood shot, and his face unshaven, as he grows in skill and confidence in the story he will slowly move toward "classic RALPH" but I want him to start off looking like a bum.
He uses a sword