RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP]Multiple Choice Dialouge

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
In my game, I want it as to where when someone says something, you choose what you want to say back, like in Fallout 3 or Dragon Age
I know there is a Show Choices option, but it does not let you type a lot in the box, and I have found what you can type is not enough for me. So is there a way to extend how many characters you can put in the Show Choices box, a whole different event process, or a script for this? All help is appreciated

Rep:
Level 83
Do you mean not enough characters in the box or not enough options, since it only gives you four?

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
@Milespleasant Not enough characters can fit in the box is what I mean

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
I was the first Corlen.
If I'm not mistaken, you could edit the script to compensate for the size of the responses typed in but this would probably require a lot of scripting.

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
um maybe one of the AMSes lets you make it longer...
like Dubealex's :)

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
@pokefan
Problem with that: Already using UMS by Ccoa and they'd most likely conflict

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
I wish there were a way to do that other than scripting, but I think that's the only way.......
..........|¯•¸_¸,.•”ˆ¯....Thundercow....¯ˆ“•.,¸_¸•¯|..........
¯•_¹ˆ¯•ˆ¯¯±¸_Thunderclan WÅrrÏØr_¸±¯¯ˆ•¯ˆ²_•¯

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
a)blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa
b)blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
c)blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

a<
b
c
that what u guys mean by scripting?

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Why are you hear if you don't no what scripting is? Useless reply

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
what the heck did earth painting just say?

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
I think a text input script could do it, I don't know if there is one, but there was an MMO script for XP (never got it to work though) and you could type a message and a bubble with your text would appear over you and in the message box. If that script had text input, I don't see why it can't be made in a single script. I don't know scripting btw :D