RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RM XP] Arpenteurs

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
Hello everybody =D
I present to you my project, Arpenteurs

It's originally in french, so, sorry if the translation is not very good.
The storyline will be shortened. May be (I hope), a day I You will be able to read all the synopsis ^^

__The game__

Arpenteurs is a role playing game which I would try to make the more tactical possible.
I have began to make it with RPG maker XP since some month, but a big part was make on the paper
I'm still in the step of the reflexion, which I prefer complete alone.
For now, I meditate about the gameplay, the scenario, the characters and the main ideas
I have just make the first region of my game, the eight real big maps, but every quest, and npcs are to create
The role play will be everywhere. In battles, dialogues, all your choices will had their importance.

__The scenario__

Zibandär, your world, is a new civilisation, like other one, a children of a ancien et destroyed civilisation, the earth.
From a long time, It's the same story. A world disappears, and others are created with the rest... to disappears also
The reasons of these Disappearance can be a natural desaster, general famine, bad gestion of humain ressources
or the self destruction.
The earth is not the first human civilisation which disappeared by self destruction, but it's the first which used a so powerful means.
Twenty nuclear weapons summers are sufficient for reduce the human to a little group who must resist in the perptual nuclear winter.
It's with some member of this group that ten new civilisations were created.

You are a children of terrans. People of this new generation who don't know one word of this story.
Exept a minority, born for know this and for protect your world against a eventual risk of self destruction.
This minority was called the anciens, because with the ability of know her story, they could live a long long time.
But, over the years, the anciens have changed.
Your world, unlike the earth allows to use magic forces, and the anciens have begun to use them for know who had help the human for this new beginning
Why?
Because this knowledge have leads the anciens to the need of power for various reason and search one thing: control the most powerful human discovery,
that which have destroyed their ancestors.
Those anciens, become powerful magicians who walk the land in search of power are now called "Arpenteurs"
You are one of those Arpenteur, and you need power, and all means, good or bad are allowed for your quest.
Become a angel and receive offerings...
Or find whatever you want in the bad side of yourself...
and be the first who put her legs on the floor of the earth.

__The Characters__

? Main characters

Hinola

Hinola is a 34 years old Arpentrice.
When she was ten, daughter of an Arpenteur and a simple woman, her house was attacked by an other arpenteur, ennemy of her father.
The battle was foregone for the ennemy, So, when the two man was tired, Hinola decided to kill her father for released enought power for kill the ennemy.
She know that all means are good, that one too.
After this, she leaved her hous, her mum and her sister for a long time

Sakura

Sakura is a 26 years old Apprentice of Hinola.
Daughter of two companion of Arpenteur, her parents was ennemy of Hinola. A day, The latter came decimate All the Sakura's family
Sakura was the last survivor. Hinola felt she had great potential and decided to keep she for training.
Although Sakura always has a grudge, it's the only chance for stay alive.

? companions

They are secondary characters. They evolute slower than the arpenteurs but will be very useful and will have importants roles.
You will have choice between different companion in each town. you will have to make a choice and convince them to join you.
There is any list at this time.

? Allies

It can be other arpenteurs, simple people, it's all the characters who will need you in your quest.
There is any list at this time.

? Npcs

you will cross a lot of people in you travel.
here is the list of breed:

Humans
There are ttwo king of humans

Spoiler for:
Human of south
They are also divided

the humans

Races are not very developped on paper, I will not write long lines
It's... a normal kind of Humanoid

the half man half cat

idem, nothing very important, they are just faster in battle.

Human of north

The first chapiter of the game happens in them region.
they are less impressive than the humans of south

whatever the npc and his race, all are animated when he's speaking.
Whatever the direction.

__The Gameplay__

?The places

During your travel, you will cross:
- Towns, allies area, without battle. (if you are not an ennemy)
- random lands, for the hunting, bandit's landmarks ...
- hostile land, with ennemy, often for quests.
- donjons where battles will never stop (or a few) before the end

?The actions

You will can spend your time to:

hunt

With a system of random map, you will can explore random places of your region and do an hunting party.
You have just to go in the circle for transform the actual map into hunting map.
Bears, condors and kobold are your main ennemy for the moment.

travel

not very useful, this circle allows the travel between a town and an other, the access to the mapmonde, or the crossing of random land.
But I think put some littles unanticipated. Attacks of bandits...

Spoiler for:

search tresor

This is a special chest. Some of them are hide. There are rare or unique items inside, or ordinary items. Or nothing
there can be open with a special object.
If you find easily a chest, be sur that the object will be very hard to find ;)

clean the "transfères"

All the transfères are donjons, occuped by a the banneds.
Spoiler for:
They was created by the anciens for join eventual other world
But the excess of magic force made dangerous the area
They Are used now like a prison.
But some magician who was locked have succeeded to leave the Transfère and have opened passages.

The clans

The clans are group of some people who work for the population or other special claimant
You have generally enought quest in a clan for busy a long while.
You can rise in rank and for some clan, become the chief.
There are some kind of clan:
- simple clans
- sects
- military group
- political party
And may be other.
Of course, you can't join all the clans, some don't accept the membres of an other clan. Or if your reputation is not favorable

apart from those above, there are other little things to do
Fishing
Horse Racing
Arenas
the main quest (yeah from time to time, anyway = p)
Dredge
tertiary quest

?Battles

I use the Zenith Tactical Battle System. There is a screen capture below
You will don't choose your weapons just for their strenght =P

A description of the weapon system:

Spoiler for:
The weapon of the game are simple. It's banal weapon (iron sword, hammer of consolidated wood...) with an attack which varies a little

The différence is visible on the battleground :
- the scope of the attack
- the size of the referred area
- the speed of the character

however, some weapons are differents : the legendary weapons, rares weapons and well made weapons.

The well made weapons are visible by the "+..." at the end of the name.
For exemple, a "steel sword +1" has 1 attack point more than a simple "steel sword"

The rares weapons are very expensive, and, of course more rares than ordinary or well made weapons.
It have often attributes
For exemple :
"priest blade"
"short iron sword with fire damage"
The short iron sword is an ordinary weapon.

The legandary weapons (or unique weapons) are the most rare.
You can't find it in a forge or buy any one
Like the rares weapons, the legandary weapons are ordinnary weapon with attributes and bonus
exemple :
"Sword of Vardaän"
"short steel sword +1 with speed bonus"
It's at this time the most powerfull weapon with a bonu of 1 case for moving in a battle

Now, here is the list of all the attributes of the game :

Spoiler for:

The 10 "elements"
water
earth
fire
ice
Lightning
wind
nature
demon blood
metal
Crystal

land are used in arpenteurs battles. If you aren't ready for a battle in one of those land, you will more suffer

This is all the kind of magic in the game.

charmes : They affect the mental of the ennemy. It can cause heavy damage.
malédictions : Curse causes progessive damage
conjuration : This magic is used again the creatures which are possessed by demon or other evil spirit
démonologie : demoniac magic very powerfull.
destruction : powerfull magic for a maximum of damage. but not precise and easy to dodge.
invocation : call of elemental root or other.
sortilège : inevitable magic but not very powerfull. It attack directly the target.
sceaux : It's like a paralysis.
enchantement : the enchantments are for improve allied features.
chant : like a enchantment but the effect is created by a song.
parchemins : magic called from a book or a parchement. There are chances for that magic fail, but it's usable by all the characters.
projections : It's an invocation, but the magic force which is called is sent. It's powerfull, but easy to dodge

les armures et certaines créatures sont plus vulnérables à certaines façon d'utiliser les armes.
estoc : attack with the end of the blade (dagger, lance...)
taille : attack with a side of a blade (sword...)
conondant : blunt weapons (clubs...)
projectile : long range weapons (bow...)

long blade
short blade
mace (and morning star)
warhammer
lance
halberd
bow
crossbow
fire mouth
whip
Flail
baton
axe
un manchot In the game, It's the name of a big sword like that of clad.
une lanchot Is like a manchot but more heavy and contending. It's... a very big mace.
axe for launch
nunchaku
weapon for launch
griffes
poing All of the weapons which you can put in your hand but without blade. (Unlike griffes)

the kinds of damages.

some times, You will confront a other arpenteur.

Spoiler for:
Battles take place in specials maps.
Arpenteurs will be separated by their "armies"  constitued by their companions.

You will have the choice:
- Skill
- Attack
- repose

skill: You attack the ennemy defense with skill to weaken him and give the final hit.

You will have a big choice of skill with diferents functions. If the skill isn't used in good conditions, it can disapear or inflict damage to the launcher.

More you have companion, more you have

attack: You decide to send every companions or just one for fight the enemy army.
He will defend himself with his complete army.
If it's your ennemy who attack, you too, you will defend you with all your army.
De plus, plus les compagnons sont puissants, plus ils offre de PM indispensables aux sorts à l'arpenteur. Sans soldats, ils perdent une importante quantité de puissance qui n'est pas négligeable.

repose: You remain inactive et
on reste inactif to retrieve magic and use objects.

You can't attack or use skill, you lose one turn. But it can be very useful.
The menu is accessible at this moment.

?Le jeu de rôle

The game will be based especially around the choices of the player, the choice of her compagnions, the answers to NPC, all will influence your reputation or the difficulty of the game.

For your team, the choice is very important. Don't choose a revolutionary with a pro-government. (Or a elf and a dwarf ^^)
The choice that you will do can strengthen your army as it can destroy it

? Reputations, relations and rank

Reputations:

the reputations are use for town.
You can have a good reputation as you can be transferred to a stall
Your reputation is visible in your journal.
I give you all the possible reputations:
(In some town, you can't have access to some reputaion)

Spoiler for:

The clans:

In the clans, you are recognized with your rank. Some are Diversified, other are simple, like in the first clan.
You win rank when you accomplish a quest or sometimes for an other reason

Rest assured, some rank will be more Searched.

Spoiler for:

Les relations:

Some people who you will meet will speak you a few.
And some other people can have better relations with you.
It's impossible to recognize them, you must speak with them and say the better lyrics to be a knowing, a frien or more.
I put for exemple the npc "Tassie"

Spoiler for:

__Screen captures__

I think that it is the moment for which you wait the most. And I'm sur, some of you haven't read all the text and have just look the pictures ^^

There is one region which is almost entirely mapped.

In first one, the picture of the battle system in a transfère.
I use the Zenith Tactical Battle System.

A little previews of a simple forest.

And two completed maps :

Spoiler for:
Esparide, the bigger city for the moment. We can visit just three map of 60*60. the rest is blocked.
You can find a clan, some little house and shop. you can do what you want in beatiful clothes...

Spoiler for:
Juau'mill, The village with two mills.
It's a big village very rich and protected by a powerfull mage who is too one of the miller.
You can see this with the garde, composed by strong golems.

__Links__

There is any video, site or forum.

__Language__

Translation of demonic terms of the game

Sedär = Between
Zibanel = Nothingness
Juau = twin
Mill = moulin (like in english, I know =P)

Zibandär, the name of your world is called the world between the nothingness.
After a long time, Zibanel'Sedär is became Zbanel'där and Zibandär

It's the end ^^

thanks for reading
(if you have read, not as the french member who search everytime the screen =P)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:44:15 PM by hinola »

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
Looking good,can't wait for this to be released
no

By Kraft

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
Hello ! =D

thank for the reply

Here is a new of my game ;)

Will be presented in the latter:

The system of journal
(quest, relations, reputations and ranks)
The system of discussions
(mixed with the system of relations)
Some icon and exemple of attributes

The system of journal

The object "journal", from the beginning in your Inventory give you four choices:

Spoiler for:

The used tileset are PROVISIONAL ! ;)

for each pages, we control a cursor. When we go on a case, if it is activated, it view a picture. When we go on a case which isn't activated, the picture disapear.

Here is the screen captures for differents pages:

Spoiler for:

relations

reputations

ranks

quests

In the quest's page, the ligne in the bottom is for the quests of differents clans.
There will more of 25 quests. several pages will be available ;)

In the pages for clan's quests, the latter are dispose in a scale by four. When four quests are completed, you go to the next level of the scale, sometimes for move to the next grade.

Spoiler for:

Le systeme of discussions

The discussion's system proposes different actions depending on your relation with the character.
The bar on the top represente the esteem that the character has to you. Once certain stage past, you improve your relation.

Spoiler for:

Esteem is won or lost with the lots of choices dispersed in the discussion's subjects.
It can too be won when you offer gifts. Certain characters will prefer some gifts to other. but beware, a good relation can be lost with a bad gift.

For these subjects, here is pictures for exemple:
In grey, the subjects which can be more develloped
The subjects appear one by one.

Spoiler for:

some icons and exemple of attributes

now, here is an preview of what looks like weapons, armor an other objetcs in Arpenteurs.

These icons are the size of 28 * 28 for the creation and I adjusted them in 24*24 for the game. Like this, I can work on a bigger surface for a better result

The skills are make with artweaver in 120*120.

And finally, three exemples of attribute's list.

One is the list of a bear
An other of a human
And the last for a condor.

The first who find who is who win a pack of Tassie's photo (the girl with pink hair