RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved] 2 Scripts decide to ruin my day; can someone help me out?

Rep:
Level 82
(Been a while since I've posted on here...)

Okay, so I've been using Minkoff's Enhanced ASVABS as my battle system for a while, then I decided to use the CMS made by Rune. However, I realize that the ASVABS I have requires the usage of the Battlers slot in the actor database. And since Rune's CMS uses that too, it will show the sprite sheet instead of the usual battler.

With the ASVABS Sprites...
Spoiler for:

Without the ASVABS Sprites...
Spoiler for:

I have tried to manually modify the script myself to make it use a different folder as a destination for the picture, and also tried to make it something other than the battler. But I know little to nothing about scripting, so I failed utterly. Then, I tried to use events to make the battler change every time the Menu pops up. But, again, I'm not that great at making complex events, so that failed too.
     I like both scripts, and would like to keep them, but I might have to look for a more suitable Battle System or Custom Menu System if I want to keep either of them.

Can someone help me out so that the CMS script can "co-exist" with the Battle System?

Edit: Added the scripts as attachments.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:14:35 AM by Aithest G. »

Rep:
Level 75
Sorry I ate the Chaos emerald...
so you want the battler from your char in the menu and keep the battle system?
try putting something in the battle system that wil use the spritesheet in battles
and uses the battler in the menu maby you should put the scripts in your request
to fix it I think that woul'd be more helpfull for scripters so they don't need to
make a new script.
my weirdness is in a good way,isn't it?

Rep:
Level 82
@WeirdGameMaker

Sorry for the late reply. Eh, I probably should've added the scripts in there too.
And what you suggested for me, I think I already tried that. However, I could try to re-do that again though. In any case, thanks!

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Um if  the above doesn't work, i might be able to fix this XD

Rep:
Level 75
Sorry I ate the Chaos emerald...
no problem and,
if my idea gets completly wrong wait some days and ill try to fix it
I'm learning the ruby language so it might take a whil
my weirdness is in a good way,isn't it?

Rep:
Level 82
Okay... I tried to fix it again, but the outcome was still the same.
(I'm either completely dense, or just plain dumb, lol.)

I tried tinkering with the CMS's script part:
Spoiler for:
Code: [Select]
class Window_Base
def draw_actor_battler(actor, x, y, opacity)
bitmap = RPG::Cache.battler(actor.battler_name, actor.battler_hue)
cw = bitmap.width
ch = bitmap.height
src_rect = Rect.new(0, 0, cw, ch)
self.contents.blt(x - cw / 2, y - ch, bitmap, src_rect)
end

I tried changing the destination from Battler/actor.battler_ETC. to the picture folder and changed the word 'battler' to 'picture.' Obviously, that wasn't the right thing to do. I tried two other methods, but they didn't work either.

Heh, I'm pretty poor at this.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
bitmap = RPG::Cache.battler(actor.name+"display.png", actor.battler_hue)

try that : )

original name+display.png

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Code is rather lost on me, but in the VX version of the SBS your character battlers had to be on their own sprite sheets.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 82
@IAMFORTE

Haha! That worked! Thanks, man!

Also, thanks WeirdGameMaker and EvilM00s for helping me out too.  ;)