RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Spam email in my inbox claiming to be from RMRK

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
peace baby <favour_1986@att.net>  04.11.2010 12:49

Good day my dear
How are you today and your family, I hop dear fine. My name is peace, I saw your profile on rmrk.net and decide to know you more  I want us to know each other and to be friend for something important which i will like to shall with you so please i want you to send me an email at peace.22love@yahoo.com so that i can give you my picture for you to know who i am please i will be happy to see your reply thanks yours peace.

This is the second email I've received saying they saw my email on RMRK. I've always paid extra notice never to have my email posted here and making sure that it's hidden from my profile. Has anyone else received emails like this recently or is this really just some deranged stalker who wants to give me pictures?
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I've never had that problem before, but it certainly is weird. You're absolutely sure your email isn't anywhere?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
102%. It's a peeve of mine; at least it has been for the past years. I've done some rudimentary searches and haven't found it here though, even though the most plausible explanation would be that it is around here somewhere...
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
That's good of you to have pointed out. I imagine that there's a hole somewhere that needs to be examined...

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I've had that sent to me, deleted it without reading it. My email is also SEKRIT BUSNS and such, i'm unsure as to how it would have been gained.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I would assume internet sleuthing then =o

SMF doesn't share your email. Some themes can expose it (it's always available as a var to theme designers to choose to show), but none here do that. There used to be a bug in SMF where the member's privacy setting was not counted and their email was viewable through SMF XML Output, but that was fixed ages ago.

Or it could be that somebody from another site that also knows you come here can see your email there.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I think I remember someone posting something like this a little while back, but I don't remember who. I've never had it happen, and my email is everywhere.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I just checked my own email and apparently I'd gotten one too. Was automatically marked as junk, so I didn't see it at first. Like Skanker and Anski, my email is hidden and nowhere to be found on RMRK.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
hmmm.. same here o0

Edit: that is to say, I received the email as well
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:01:43 PM by LadyJules »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Ok, I can only assume that it's to do with SMF updates changing something. The way email is displayed is handled inside the theme, and the SMF 2.0 RMRK theme is based on another 2.0 theme of mine, which doesn't display it. The only difference (besides obviously colours / containers) is that I haven't updated that forum's version.

For now I nuked that part of the theme. Still investigating what caused that >:(

To those who were emailed, did you have the "Allow users to email me" setting enabled? It's on by default I think.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:37:44 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Mine wasn't on.