RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Enemies and weapons and items, oh my!

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
RPG Maker XP

1: The default enemies are fine if you want all the enemies in the game to be monsters, but say the plot of the game involves a war or anything that requires combat between weapon wielders. I'd like the enemies in my game to carry weapons, and be able to switch between them if they carry more than one.

2: I'd also like a rock paper scissors type pecking order between weapons. I'll give a random example that has nothing to do with my game and say there are 3 types of weapons a ninja can use: knives, throwing stars, and whips. Knives will beat whips, whips will beat throwing stars, and throwing stars will beat knives. A ninja with a whip fights a ninja with a knife. The knife wielder will do more damage and be more accurate, while the whip wielder will do less damage and be less accurate.

3: Finally, I'd like the weapons and items to have a certain amount of uses. Once it's been used that many times, it disappears. Some weapons, however, have infinite uses. Weapon uses go down only when the attack hits, not when it misses.

4: And to make a weapon that has a high chance of scoring a critical hit, I make it give the wielder a DEX bonus. I'd like to know if that'd work.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Some sort of tactics game i presume?

4. You could try using an autostate that passively is inflicted upon the character when the weapon is equipped

the other ones i have no idea

RMRK Junior
Yes, a tactics game. Fire Emblem to be exact...which I see you're familiar with from your avatar. Ike rules :)

When I looked at the help file I found that the Dex stat influences critical hits, so I figured giving it bonuses would be the best way. Never considered using states, those I was going to use for status conditions.

The other three will probably have to be made with scripts or something...

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
you make the status have a priority of 0 and it doesn't show up :p

Ike happens to be my avvy, but we all know that Rath is where the parties at.

RMRK Junior
Wow, I havent seen many people who's fav character is Rath...I'm mostly a Tellius fan. But as far as Elibe goes, Heath is my fav. I love wyvern riders, and the badass white hair streak XD Second would have to be the king of pervy cavaliers himself: Sain. Lol.

But anyway...