RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Request: Easy Way to have a boss summon enemies?

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
I was the first Corlen.
I'm using RPG Maker 2003... yes I know, it's archaic compared to the newer RPG Makers but I still like it and know my way around it a lot.  Also I went with it mainly because of the small resolution and I suck at drawing graphics for anything larger than 320x240.  Anyway.  Is there a way to make an enemy summon multiple enemies that were not present at the start of the battle?  I pulled it off doing one enemy but every time its summoned it shows the HP healing counter which I would like to do without and in my system it only supports one enemy and also the enemy has to be present at the very start of the battle... I can use an event in the battle to kill it immediately but you see it for a moment as the battle transition occurs and it looks half-assed.  Pardon my language but it does!  I was hoping maybe there's an easy way to pull this off because I have a boss I would like to have summon enemies.

Also, if there is a hard way I'd be willing to go that route as well since I only have to do it once anyway.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 02:49:15 AM by corlenbelspar »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, I haven't used 2k3 for a long time, but if I recall, can't you:

create a monster troop with all the enemies that will appear. Right click the picture of each enemy and check the invisible box, then use Show Hidden Monster in a battle event during the battle to make them appear?

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
I was the first Corlen.
Yeah that works, thanks, I forgot how to hide a monster.  At any rate, is there a way to completely heal the monster when it is brought back to life under the guise of being summoned without RPG Maker showing the healing counter display that pops up on an enemy when you increase their HP in the events?