RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Project RPG 2011 - The Game Maker's Ultimate Resource

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter

The Game Maker's Ultimate Resource

http://project-rpg.realbb.net/forum.htm

The ultimate resource for every game maker. Upload resources to Game Maker, FPS Creator, RPG Maker or ZDoom. Or just chat some off-topic.
The site used to be an RPG Maker only site, but has grew up to an overall game maker site. Please take your time, and register on Project RPG.

Love! Miss. Weavile! (Jessica Swain)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 03:05:32 PM by Weavile »

Rep:
Level 89
The overal look is quite crude. The combination of dark and light grays actually off set the feel of the forum it self. Simple stuff as borders could add to it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 04:25:18 PM by Mad Klown »

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
Ok, i'll change it, but not now.
Are you gonna register? I hope so.

EDIT: I have changed the background now.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 09:18:43 AM by Weavile »

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
I have added a doom section for zdoomers and skulltag lovers.
I have changed the background (thanks for the tip, mad klown), and uploaded several resources to use with rpg maker.

We have a new moderator, Lukas. Thought, i need more mods, so register now and you might have a chance to become a moderator.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
We now have a resource site hosted by yours truly :D http://lukas.fromserbia.net/cpg15x/index.php Download/Upload resources there :) And also http://lukas.fromserbia.net/ for a sort of Hub site from which you can go to the forums and the resource site.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
I just need to point out that if you wanna upload anything, upload it in the forums.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
Project RPG has been updated to 2.0!

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
The Gallery has now over 300 resources. It has a new Music, ME, Sound effects and BGS section. And also, a 2k3/2k0 and VX section. All of them has been filled with resources. And im aiming for having the largest resource site ever.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
Why doesn't anone register? Why doesn't anyone reply?
I really need more members than 11. And since im one of them it means only 10 people have registered.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
1) You have a weird URL. My guess is it's free hosting. Many people will immediately leave / never bother visiting if they see that.

2) It's 2010, almost 2011. Why start an RPG Maker site now? What could you do that hasn't already been done? How could you stand out?

Look at my post here too. Unfortunately I assume you're going to react the same way that he did.

If RMRK didn't exist now, there is no way I would try to start it today. Depending on your definition, the RPG Maker niche is dead or dying.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:42:04 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I may be wrong, but: While the time for starting something of this nature may not be -now-, it could be later. You might just have to wait for the next program. Of course, starting a site the date of release would be a mistake, right. SO. You've got this forum, and I think the upload/download idea is a good start. I'd prep and make room for some sort of all-new rpg maker. Assuming one comes out. Honestly, I'm sure it will, just not sure when. A new program will refresh support from the fanbase, and that influx of new users/old users returning could be enough to give your site a good start.

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Rm2k Advanced
Very cool, if you're looking for members and don't mind then i'd like to link to you from my Rm Blog at:http://hawkeyegames.blogspot.com/ I introduce new rm2k/2k3/xp/vx sites in every post and at the end of the month do a quick blurb about each one, so I'll get you into my next post alright?
http://hawkeyegames.blogspot.com/
My new Rpg Making blog; a new life to the old Hawk Games from 2006

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
@Hawkeye, Offcourse you can.
@Roph, i understand what you mean. I might change it to a forum for overall Game Makers. For example, Game Maker, FPS Creator, Action Game Maker, etc. Thank you very much for the tip. Your my savior.

EDIT: Done! Check out my forum now.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:54:19 PM by Weavile »

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
The forum is mega-updated. It is no longer an rpg maker forum. It's a game making community. It has a totally new fresh design.

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Rm2k Advanced
It's looking great, I'm glad I joined as I've been seeing it improve. I added it to one of my blog posts and at the end of the month with do a write up on it, if you want to PM me a summary you'd like posted that I can work off of.
http://hawkeyegames.blogspot.com/
My new Rpg Making blog; a new life to the old Hawk Games from 2006

Rep:
Level 96
The forum is mega-updated. It is no longer an rpg maker forum. It's a game making community. It has a totally new fresh design.

I'm impressed by your ability to take criticism. I cannot overstate how rare that is. It's already put you leaps and bounds ahead of those who would compete with you. I hope your forum does well, whatever direction you take it in and however long it lasts. : )

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
Oh, thank you, Arrow!

Rep:
Level 96
No problem. :D

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
I have made some changes on the forum. I would love to get some comments if it's good or if it needs to be improved.

Rep:
Level 91
Your banner is too wide for your forum, it breaks the tables.

Tip on starting a forum: on my normal site, I make typically 20-50 posts a day, at most 160. I do not mean that as bragging - your forum has 500 posts at the moment... make some dupe accounts, fill it with a few thousand posts, and use that as a basis. I know that sounds a crude way of going about it, and I've never done it (never had a forum starting from scratch like that), but that's what I'd do.

Regardless, Roph is right. The whole RPG Maker niche is... well, it's changed, not really dead. It's got a different demographic, and there are already sites out there to cater for mature and playful, nooby and loving, challenging and serious, and laid back and chilled. There isn't really any way of improving on the working system.

RPGM tried it with a whole CMS and that site ended up closing it's doors a dead forum never hitting what the apparent "big four" reach.

Generally smaller sites such as yours survive and work well because they are groups of friends who just want to chill together - but if it isn't active (hmm, this is going to sound really harsh) you don't have any friends there to help you, by the looks of it.

So, ask yourself why you want to make an RPG Maker site, and have a good think. In the end I'd rather settle with a blog.

:)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 12:44:16 AM by Wyatt »

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
Um... It's not an RPG Maker site. It's a game making site.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Isn't that saying the same thing? If you mean literally all game maker site as opposed to only an RPG maker site, then I suppose it's slightly different, but even so that's what RMRK is. Primarily we roll with RPG Makers but we have a forum for other game makers as well. Also, it doesn't help that the title of the site is "Project RPG".