RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved, thanks!]Editing controls in RPGmaker XP?

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
I'm extremely new to RPGmaker XP so I'm not even sure where or how to edit this.. I'd like to change the controls for the game, for example, changing it so pressing M on the keyboard brings up the menu/inventory, and S activates an item, and turns it off. I've figured out a couple things from tutorials here, but I sort of ended up having to join to ask this because as hard as I look, I can't seem to find information on this.  Currently, when testing the game, 0 on the number pad is what opens the game, enter activates events like using doors or talking to NPCs, arrow keys are for movement, i don't know if this has anything to do with it but I thought any bit of info may help.
Thanks heaps in advance to anyone who helps
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:07:31 AM by namrotavele »

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
only with a script i think
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
only with a script i think
What sort of script would that be then? I'm just as clueless in scripts. Even if you could just start me in the right direction, I'd be grateful. I think I could be okay with working it out for myself if I just knew where to start..