RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] Different battle goals

Rep: +0/-0Level 78
RMRK Junior
Different battle goals
10/8/2010

Summary
Normally, you can only win a battle by decreasing the enemies' HP to 0. Now I want to make the player so that they can defeat the enemies in different ways. There is only one option is posible in each troops.

Features Desired
  • Win by decreasing the enemies' MP to 0.
  • Win by passing specific states on all enemies.
  • Win by all character remain alive in a certain number of turns.
  • Win by killing only one main boss, but all the others keep returning when they are killed.
  • Win after the timer goes to a specific time.
  • Set condition on troop names.
  • Compatible with YEM.

Mockups
Well, none.

Games its been in
  • ff6 ADVANCE, not the original version.
  • ff10

Did you search?
Yes

Where did you search?
  • google, rmrk.net, rpg revolution, hbgames,...

What did you search for?
  • Battle Goals
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:40:14 AM by sacred »

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
This is something I've been thinking about for my own game too... but I'm busy for your other script right now. If you haven't find your guy by the time I finish it - unlikely at best, since it's a bit of a work - I can do this. No graphics included! XD

RMRK Junior
I don't urge you to do it so quickly. You can do it until the end of this lunar year as i will be free at that time to test and work on the project. I have many tests at school these days, so i'm not so free now. Whatever, i'm just thinking about things for my game. I've just only made the beginning of the game.

RMRK Junior
One more feature i want to add: compatible with YEM.

RMRK Junior

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It seems neat. I am super busy this week, but remind me on Sunday and I'll see what I can do.

Rep:
Level 75
this would be useful in my game I wish somebody would finish it if they haven't allready

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

RMRK Junior
Hey Robot Unicorn. Haven't you done it?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
No, I forgot all about it. Sorry.

RMRK Junior
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

RMRK Junior

RMRK Junior
Hey, modern algebra. You said you would fulfill my request. But till now, i haven't seen your results.

Rep:
Level 97
Sorry, I've been busy, and I don't get paid for this, so every other obligation and activity in my life comes first. If I can find time over Christmas I might do it. Otherwise don't hold your breath.

Besides, I had looked at it a few weeks ago and kind of figured it was pointless, as you can do almost all of these with events.

For instance, you could have an event run every turn and use a variable to add together the MP of every enemy (it's an option in the variable menu). You could then use a conditional branch on that variable and if it equals 0, give the experience and end the battle.

Similarly, you could just do a check on whether all enemies have the certain state using the conditional branch option on the third page. If so, end the battle.

The easiest one is the character remaining alive until Turn X. All you would need to do is make two troop events. One would activate on Turn X, and it would end the battle with a win. The other would run on the condition that the actor's HP falls below 0, and that would end the battle with a loss.

For the minor enemies who keep reappearing, events that run on the condition that enemy's HP falls below 0 that resurrect it to full.

I can't remember if the timer runs during battle, but if so you would just need to make a moment event that checks the value of the timer via conditional branch. End it when it reaches x.

So on and so forth. Obviously a script would be more convenient, and I may do it should I find the time, but it certainly isn't a high priority. Sorry.

RMRK Junior
I will wait. But you should know that I'm expecting this script.

Rep:
Level 97
Expect it or don't, it probably won't be by me.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:08:51 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 75
Ohhhh yah I forgot about troop events I can't belive I forgot

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 84
Is this still being looked at or thought of?

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Hello everyone ^_^
I will wait. But you should know that I'm expecting this script.

Really? He said you can do it without a script-easilly at that. Now stop being rude.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 07:50:02 AM by hikomarukun »
RPMG2k forever!

RMRK Junior
I am waiting. But I can't imagine it took so much time.

Rep:
Level 97
Well, waiting for whom? I told you I wouldn't do it. Maybe someone else will come along, but like I said, you can do almost all of them with events. Why rely on a stranger when you can do it yourself?

Rep:
Level 84
I feel bad now. I should not have even brought this topic back up.

I was using tankentai but I switched to yem (I like it slightly better even if I was more used to tankentai's system)
anyways using yem there are options to call common events before/after turns and such in battles so thats what I am using now lol.

Rep:
Level 75
In the top section you posted that it need to be compatiable with Yem but Yem can do must of these things without any extra scripts like killing a boss then all the other enimeies die.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:24:58 PM by CodeMaster »

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
maybe its to late but i want to say something hey sacred pls close this topic if you can do this with events then do it a game only with scripts is not a good game and why a script if you can use events? just for a moment it was said to me that i dont need a script for my project an i just accipt that and don't ask again and again he said he don't script it for you and i understand him i wouldn't script if i dont need