RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
My first Question here :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Hello, dear resource kit Users

I'm working on my first RPG, using the RPGMAKER XP, and I'm having lots of fun with it.
However i do not like the Idea of getting an GameOver everytime i die, because it's annoying to start all over again.
Of course theres a save button, but there are alot of People who don't want to save every 2 minutes (me included)
So what i want is, i wan't to have a system, which automaticly teleports me to a Hospital for example, i think i might have to edit some files, but since i don't have much experience with it, i'm asking you guys.
I hope that you can help me.
Thanks for the replies (if there will be any).

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I currently don't have access to rpg maker xp so bear with my knowledge of what I remember.

There are scritps out there that should be able to help with this but there is also another way that don't require scripting I believe go to the battles and event them to send you to where you want them to end up when you are defeated. It should be in the monster group sections and you could just copy the page to wherever you want the player to be set.

That's what I can rememeber for now if someone can help you before I can get access to rpg maker then that's all fine and dandy if this information is wrong I'll check out how to do it when I get possession of rpg maker xp. So I hope this helps in some way at least.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

RMRK Junior
Yes, i guessed that helped, even tho it's kinda annoying to edit each troop.
But i think the effort is worth it.
Thanks alot

RMRK Junior
Sorry to post again, but theres no way to do this, since i can only start events for something like:
If actors health is 1% of lower, but this will only trigger if i have 1% left, which is very rare, i believe that there could be a way, to script it via MAIN for example.
But like i said, i really suck at scripting.

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
Doesn't the battle setup have that choice?
Else, this could work... make a common event, and let it active since the beginning of the game.
On it, place:
Conditional brach - if party hp < 0  (when the wwhole party is vanished, each char hp<0)
- Force end of battle, set party HP = 1 (so they are alive in the same place of the map, but with 1 hp)

Else

Nothing

=I have no rpgmakerXP on this computer, so, i can't be 100% of this, but as far as i work with this, it will work perfectly.=

LEt me know
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

RMRK Junior
This is a good idea, with making an Common Event really hat down.
But in RPGXP you don't have the option to choose the whole party for a Conditional Branch Sorry
So, this doesn't work, ill try to find out other ways.
And i'll let you know if i found something.
Thanks

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
Well, if it doesnt work for the whole party, just place conditional branchs one after another,

if cond - char hp <0
if cond . char2 hp<0
- Force end of battle, set party HP = 1 (so they are alive in the same place of the map, but with 1 hp)

Else
nothing

else
nothing
...but ok, np
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week: