RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Nintendo DS Flashcard

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I've had a DS Lite for ages, but haven't played it much for a long while now because the casing is pretty cracked up and hinges are bad. But the system itself is still in prime condition for a used piece, and the DS housing is cheap (it's just the plastic frame), so I figured I'd try replacing the broken parts myself and play around with everything again. Problem is though, I essentially have no games at this point. What few I had before I've mostly loaned out to other people already, save for Phoenix Wright stuff.

I know it's probably been asked several times before, but what's the best flashcard for the Nintendo DS for playing either DS or GBA games that I download? I've heard various people argue about which ones are best (quality vs. price, etc), but can never seem to find a straight answer. ._.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
I like the M3 with the Sakura UI.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Acekard 2i is what I use on my DSi. It won't play GBA games, though.

I think Acekard makes a flashcard for older DS's that DO support GBA roms, but don't take my word for it, look them up for yourself.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Acekard 2i or CycloDS Evolution are the two best on the market imo.

I  have an Acekard 2i with the AKAIO firmware and love it.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I use an R4 DS, and that's been working pretty well for me, but I haven't really experimented with any other flashcards.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I use an R4 DS, and that's been working pretty well for me, but I haven't really experimented with any other flashcards.

R4 is nice but out of date afaik and might have issues with the latest games.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Stop stop stop. The best on the market right now is, without a doubt, the Supercard DS Two. It comes with a built in CPU that emulates the way real retail cartridges work and it supports divx/xvid playback as well as SNES and GBA emulation. The team is also certain their card will work in a 3DS, enabling them to do at least something with it. It's around the same price as some other high-end cards (read: $30-35(I managed to snage one for 28€+shipping during a promotional at gamesyeah.com, but I'm sure there would be cheaper options since you live in america and don't need to worry about international shipping.)) but it's a very, very good investment because it'll bypass pretty much all piracy-checks there ever is and has been on the DS. Get one of those for maximum enjoyment.

http://gbatemp.net/t234082-the-supercard-dstwo-faq Very handy read if you're interested

R4 is nice but out of date afaik and might have issues with the latest games.

With the release of R4 Wood it's actually one of the best flashcards out there right now because of constant updates to the unofficial firmware. It'd be fair to say it's about as good as the AKAIO firmware on the Acekard; the only real downside is that nowadays you'll only find clones in stores as the real R4 has been discontinued.

Anyway, you can get an Acekard for $15 while the Supercard is around $35, so it's really up to what you want from your card. If GBA emulation on the go is really important for you, go with the Supercard (it has limited compatibility for now, but most popular games are supported). If you want to play the latest games as soon as they come out it's also the best choice. If not, just go with the Acekard :)
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
They fixed the R4?

Nice, news to me.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I use supercard, though the 1 version.

And i have been able to play games my friend who uses the acecard can not.