RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker VX Actor Names?

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Fate is the present, not the future.
Hey everyone, I'm not so sure about this...but does anybody actually know what all the actors names in VX are supposed to be? I know of like...Ralph, Ulrika, Ylva, Oscar, Elmer, Vera, Lawrence, and Bennett. Are those really the only names given to us, because that also seems to be the only cast of characters generally used in script samples and such. Hm hm hm, just something I've often pondered...lol.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Uh... Change them. duh

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Yeah, that's it for the default actors. You want different names, you have to change them yourself.

I think I was misunderstood, I don't actually NEED them, I said I was merely curious...Thought maybe all the actors had names. Well, thanks, I guess.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I see what you mean... I don't know if they all have names... but I know that Ralph used to be Alex (or, at least, it looks like the same person...) and I think it is just whatever the translator wanted to put in there...

I think that only the "default actor" characters "have names" but the rest are just numbers and labels... Technically, I believe, "Ralph" is Actor1-1 or something... not really ralph... I mean.. I don't know what I mean...

But no, only the ones you have seen have specific names assigned to them, official or not.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Eh, I believe Alex is the Actor 1 of 2003. But, I guess I can see why you'd think they're the same, I suppose. I remember seeing some old pictures before where each actor had their own file and it held 8 expressions. Ralph and Elmer are really just recycled RPG Maker characters in general. Looked like it was 2000 or lower. So, I don't think they're supposed to be the same character. *Shrugs*

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
meh... I was completely basing that assumption off of memory... but I only used the old versions for a total of a week or two (illegally, legasp!) before buying VX, or rather, my brother-in-law did...rs

Speaking of which, I liked the actors much better when they had a choice of each actor class being male or female...

Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Ah, well...I started on 2003 to be honest. I spent minimal time on XP, and VX is really awesome in my eyes. I like the ease of events and all that. I know what you mean, but eh...it doesn't matter, it's still up to you in the end. The thing about XP that I think should have been kept was the fact that the curves were set by class, not actor. I usually just give people who are supposed to be the same class the same curve anyways...that's a tad annoying...but I can deal.

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Well VX actually has it's actors divided by types in a way... I always considered all characters on Actor 1 to be Warrior type characters, Actor 2 as Mage/Cleric type characters, and Actor 3 as Rogue/Miscellaneous characters. This is also a trend of all RPGMakers. I also think that it is a trend for the "Main" character of all the RPGMakers to have Reddish/Orange/Brown hair by default. Just because "Hot-head hero" is very canon, and red-head = hot-head.

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Well VX actually has it's actors divided by types in a way... I always considered all characters on Actor 1 to be Warrior type characters, Actor 2 as Mage/Cleric type characters, and Actor 3 as Rogue/Miscellaneous characters. This is also a trend of all RPGMakers. I also think that it is a trend for the "Main" character of all the RPGMakers to have Reddish/Orange/Brown hair by default. Just because "Hot-head hero" is very canon, and red-head = hot-head.
I noticed that too... Ralph, Arshes (who I am not), Alex, etc.
All of them are warriors (or in the case of 2k3, in which the battler was referred to as "fighter").

Arshes looks like a young and confused hero, though... the other two look like adults. Maybe it's the art style.

Oh yeah, well, I think that's a trend between main characters for RPGs. The hair thing, anyways. I think that Terra-chan meant sheetwise, not the actual actor slots. Yeah, that is a truth, but they aren't actually the same class...which is more or less what Sash was aiming for. In 2K3, there was actually a character designed in both genders for the assumed class. However, I do see what you're saying.

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
Oh yeah, well, I think that's a trend between main characters for RPGs. The hair thing, anyways. I think that Terra-chan meant sheetwise, not the actual actor slots. Yeah, that is a truth, but they aren't actually the same class...which is more or less what Sash was aiming for. In 2K3, there was actually a character designed in both genders for the assumed class. However, I do see what you're saying.

I originally started in 2k3 but i don't recall different gender pictures. Don't suppose anyone has pictures be interesting to see a side by side of Alex, Arshe, and Ralph.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...

If you look, you can see that the characters are wearing basically the same costume, but are different genders, leading to the comment about a male and female version of the characters.

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
was there just one geneeric sprite for them or one for each gender some of those faces would be quite noticible miss matches to sprites, beard/no beard brown/purple hair, etc

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
was there just one geneeric sprite for them or one for each gender some of those faces would be quite noticible miss matches to sprites, beard/no beard brown/purple hair, etc

You said you use 2k3, right? Well, try looking at your RTP resources... or, if you don't have the files still, try this link: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=RM2k3+RTP+Charset

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior

You said you use 2k3, right? Well, try looking at your RTP resources... or, if you don't have the files still, try this link: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=RM2k3+RTP+Charset

I used it back in the ileage 2003 days i have VX now