RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Howdy

Rep:
Level 82
So, I'm one of those types who usually comes in, signs up and lurks for many a moon before finally making their presence known. I initially found this place looking for some neat scripts to play around with in VX after I found out how powerful the RGSS (and RGSS2) systemy things are. But after I found I like to break the scrips people spent time working on, just to see how it works and put it back together again, I figured I'd take a stab at it myself. Now I'm here to pick on the resources to get better knowledge on it and maybe to put up any scrips I make (already working on a few, including a fairly big project of one).

Little about me: I live in the UK, and last year graduated with a Computer Games Development degree, though I actually have no intention anymore of going into the gaming industry since I found my calling as a Lawyer and so am studying for that now. I'm a keen programmer, thus why I enjoy scripting and especially learning new languages, but I like it as a hobby and I don't want that to become a thing I do 9-5 every day. I'm also a bit of a writer, although my biggest bad habit is having too many ideas and never finishing the one I'm currently working on. I'm never sure that I'll even finish my current VX project. I like big ideas (one previous unfinished project had about 8-10 hours gameplay and wasn't even 1/4 of the way through - until I lost it and didn't have a recent back up: I learned to back up often after that one) and this current one is no exception. It's been in story development for about 6 months and it still needs a lot of work, so making up the scripts for some of my game systems is keeping me from getting bored and going off track like usual.

So, I'll just leave it here... otherwise I'll bore everyone who wanders into this thread (I won a forum award for writing too much in a post - it was called the "tl;dr" award).
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Welcome to RMRK! Good to see another person interested in scripting, and also a member willing to represent us if and when we should get sued. There was an outbreak of snails in our ginger beer manufacturing plant, so it seems inevitable at this point.

Rep:
Level 82
Welcome to RMRK! Good to see another person interested in scripting, and also a member willing to represent us if and when we should get sued. There was an outbreak of snails in our ginger beer manufacturing plant, so it seems inevitable at this point.

Heh, I see what you did there. The good ol' Paisley snail case is not one any aspiring lawyer can forget.

I should also give you my thanks, since it was your Quest Journal script that got me started in the scripting. I used it as a basis for a script that handles a kind of achievement system which (when it's fully functioning) can be used to earn some kind of special currency for rare and unique items and such. I'm not really sure if such a thing exists, as I was interested in using it as a starting point.

Now I know most things can be done with a lot of time put into eventing but I really dislike using events for complex or time consuming things. With a script, I can simply copy and paste it into future projects and save me hassle in the long run. And it's much more fun to script.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Wel- *yawn* -come to RMRK.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
It looks like this one need some cookies... because...
Awwww, I ain't gonna to lie. You needs more cookies, so's you'll be distracted by the cookies and not type as much.

TL;DR, More cookies, less typing.

STL;SDR, +Cookies -typing

SWTL;DRI Welcome.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&