RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Don't know where to post this: Custom Status Effect Help

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
Before I start I dont' know if I posted this in the right area. Sorry if I didn't. :zwink:
I would like to add a couple custom status effects into the game.

Lifestreamed (Cant come up with a better name yet)

This status effect would cause the affected to gain a few skills that normally nobody would have.
There would be an attribute used for the skills considered "raw magic" in my game.

The affected character would randomly use these skills.
One skill would hit all enemies and allies on the screen for 1-75% of their current health
Another would hit only allies for 1-75% of their current health
Another would hit only enemies for 1-75% of their current health
Then the exact opposite (50% chance that it's the first set 50% chance it's the second.)
One skill would heal all enemies and allies on the screen for 75% of their current health
Another would heal only allies for 75% of their total health
Another would heal only enemies for 75% of their total health

The reason for this status effect would be for one or more important boss fights. (Minibosses)
Say a player gets hit with this and then suddenly they are acting randomly and have a chance to heal the boss the party really has to focus on healing the status effect.

Now what I also wanted to do was have the effect tier down.
Lifestreamed 1
Lifestreamed 2
Lifestreamed 3
3 strongest 1 weakest
So in a 4 person party each character would have to use the "remedy" spell on the person affected to tier down the effect until it's gone.
The lower the tier the weaker the damage and healing.

So the whole fight you'd be setting yourself up so you wouldn't have to heal your players so when this would happen you could remedy the affected and get back to the fight. So...basically

Every 5 rounds the boss would do this to one target and that target would have to be "dispelled" in a sense otherwise they'd kill the party.

Another use for this would be in random battles near the end of a game. It would make the fights harder and last a little bit longer but still end quickly as long as the player knows what to do with it.

NOW I'm not done there's more!

The power word: shield effect from World of Warcraft.
A shield that absorbs damage (a percentage of health and/or a set amount) I think I've seen something like this before but for the life of me I can't find it again.

Reflect Magic
A reflective barrier that bounces spells back at the ENTIRE party and/or SINGLE members of the party.

Deflected Ranged Attacks
A reflective passive ANYTHING that would work that would cause an enemy to reflect arrows shot at them back at a random party member.

I know I ask alot but hey I'm sure someone out there can do it! I am an idea man. That's what I do.

Another custom status effect:
Berserk
Yes, I know I can make one that just adds strength and other stuff but what I want is...
The vorpal script that's somewhere on these boards brings about a new idea for me. What if we just take the vorpal script and add it to a status effect? So whenever a player is under the status "Berserk" they deal more damage when at lower health. This would make for a good use of the status effect and would also make it worth using on your own party members. (While taking risks if mixed in with fights that the lifestream status effect is being thrown in. Berserk+LifeStreamed = dead.)