RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Item quantity to variable NoMethodError

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Hrmph.
I'm doing a check within an event to make sure the player has enough ore.

Here's how it's set up
Spoiler for:
Conditional Branch: [Test Ore] in Inventory
  Control Variables: [0001:Temp] = [Test Ore] in Inventory

Conditional Branch: Variable [0001:Temp] >=3
     #Does some stuff

Else
     #Does some other stuff

Branch End

Else
 #Does some other stuff

Branch End

*All the comments are just messages and things like that.  Nothing that effects the variables or anything involved.

I'm getting that error on line 750 of Game_Interpreter , which reads

"      actor = $game_actors[@parameters[1]]"

I have not modified that script in any way, so I'm not sure why it's pulling that error. Although I am using a good number of scripts, I haven't had any compatibility issues thus far.

Here's a list of my added scripts.
Spoiler for:
PR ABS [Addons:PR Hud, PR Damage_System, PR LeftHand, PR Many Items, PR AMS] [PR Coders]
Equipment Restraints [Modern Algebra]
Thomas Edison VX [BulletXt]
Jets Alignment & Time systems [Jet]
Neo Save System V [Neo]
Ring Menu [XRXS, Dubealex, & Hypershadow180]
Level Effects [Redyugi]
Item Quality [Leongon]

Any ideas what could cause this, or how I can fix it?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:41:04 AM by modern algebra »
Currently working on :: The Empire

And check the forums!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It's a bug in the default scripts. The fix is located here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25243.0.html

There are two errors, located in two separate posts. Be sure to fix them both.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Hrmph.
Awesome, fixed it right up! Thanks, and good find to both of you guys.
I overlooked that first error after reading through that section of code probably 4 different times.
Currently working on :: The Empire

And check the forums!