RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help with winamp skins

I put my penis in cantaloupes.
Rep:
Level 75
my nay-nay bay-bay KAE KAE MY LAE DAE!!
how do i change the skin I read and read and nothing. I'm using window 7 i don't see apply skin any where. i went to the drop down menu it said skin but no apply skin. i downloaded a skin and double click it said "Are you sure that you want to install this Winamp Skin?" and then "We recommend that you only install skins from sources that you trust. If you do not trust the source of this skin, click no." I click yes and it goes to the Winamp and then nothing. i downloaded them from the main winamp website. i also sent a message to them about this. I'm asking for help here becuase this place is where i got the winamp software. please help

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Okay, first, this is how you access the themes. I'll get the next part up :)

There is a "Get more skins" option. Click it. (I know you already did this -- next image coming.)

Now, find the theme you want to download. If you clicked the above, Winamp should open a browser within itself like so:

Okay, when everything is downloaded and if you don't have the software to install on initial run of the download of the theme and it says it doesn't have a program to install with, all is fine. Just locate the file where Winamp has been installed, mine was: C:\Program Files\Winamp\Skins. Click inside the "Skins" folder.

Inside the skin folder, create a new folder and name it the name of the new theme you have just downloaded. Now, if the skin you downloaded is a zip file (because you didn't have the software), just extract everything from the skin download, into this new folder you created. Run Winamp and use the image above to find your file. If you click it and it says to download Classicpro, do it. First shut off Winamp though. Here is the link.

http://www.skinconsortium.com/index.php?page=ViewDownload&itemID=61

Its at the bottom of the page. Just download and install. After the install, run Winamp again and go to file, skins and select your skin.

There ya go! New skins!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:12:01 PM by MagitekElite »
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
This is totally in the wrong board. Dayum.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep