RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Event processing after pressing a button.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Suguni raku ni shite aru
Greetings.

Now there's my question. I'm creating a cutscene where.... well, a cutscene  ;D. But, I have some events to move JUST AFTER a player dialogue, but I can't figure how to determine whether the player has passed a certain dialogue box or not.

It's basically like this: I'm playing, reading my dialogue, and then the events start to move. What I want is to have the other events to wait for me (as player) to press the action button in a certain dialogue box, so they start to move. I've tried out the Button Input Processing, but I get the same effect. I even tried the Graphics.freeze script, but it still runs the events at the background, even if the image is frozen; and when I press the button, I get the events where they should be, not from the start point. Any suggestions here? By the way, it's via event handling.

Thanks in advance.
"Un dios no hace nada, no dice nada, nisiquiera te pide nada a cambio. Solo se sienta y ve por nosotros, los tontos humanos perdidos."

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Erm, if you're moving them in the same event as the dialogue, just don't move them until after the message. They won't start until the message is done then.

Suguni raku ni shite aru
But, how do I do that? I have the command for the dialogue, then the movement. So, when the message is shown, the movements start to run with the message still on screen. Perhaps using switches or selfswitches?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:42:09 PM by DARK_ETERNAL »
"Un dios no hace nada, no dice nada, nisiquiera te pide nada a cambio. Solo se sienta y ve por nosotros, los tontos humanos perdidos."

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
If you set the movement AFTER the message command, there shouldn't be any problem.

Suguni raku ni shite aru
Ok. You're right. My question was actually another one, but it's Ok now. Thanks.

Rep:
Level 84
If you're having it as a separate event you could have the main event with the dialogue turn a switch on right before the message starts.  Then in the other event, you could have it parallel process, but have it so that it doesn't start until the switch is one, then if you want, make it wait a few frames?

Is that what you're trying to do?

Suguni raku ni shite aru
No, I have clear what I'm attempting to do. The thing is, I have some paralell events that shows a dialogue while moving. I went the wrong way and thought about something I had already solved. Guess I misused the post, yet still I have to correct some switches I'm using. I'm sorry.