RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Don't you like such pretty sunsets?" [VX][MMORPG] NEED SCRIPTERS!

Rep:
Level 75
what am i supposed to put here oh no im almost out
HELLO_:!

I'm starting a new (And big) project that you can read all about here!
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,40125.0.html

But, a project like this requires a lot of planning, and I would love to establish a great team to get things started! I'm not too worried about map creation or even sprites for now, but the biggest and perhaps most important jobs are needed below:

STORY:
The story in "Don't you like such pretty sunsets?" is going to be a complex one and will require a lot of attention to make sure that everything is clean and there are no odd, gaping holes in the plotlines. People helping me in this "area" will help think up sidequests, general look and feel of the project and anything else needed to portray the story. Most of this has been done by me already, but help would be vastly appreciated!

MUSIC:
The world this game takes place in is dark, gritty and full of sin. Finding a composer who could re-create the hustle and bustle of a crowded, dirty and overpopulated dystopic city would be the final factor to give a wonderful feeling of immersion.

SCRIPTING:
The Vampyr Client is advanced and daunting, to say the least. If any scripter would be willing to take part and deciphering the code to suit the needs required of the game (Figuring out some of the battle and quest systems and how they exactly operate) I would be very grateful!* The second part of this job would be creating new miscellaneous features just to liven things up.

*From what I can tell, there is little documentation on how to use some of the systems, beyond attempting to look inside the demo client and it's scripts to figure things out. If anyone has worked with the Vampyr Client/Server packages before, please send me a PM or IM me! The help would be very appreciated!

The biggest thing I would like to accomplish is giving everything a crowded feeling and try to make it look as high-tech as possible. Avoiding the simple fantasy elements build into RPGVX is key.

In any case, if you feel like you could be of any help, please post here or find me online! My IM's are:

AIM: ZOMGfish
Yahoo: Flashmewebmaster
MSN: Harmonproductions@gmail.com

Again, here is the page for more information:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,40125.0.html

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:26:55 AM by Osaka »

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
I think I could help with the plotline... If you want me to, PM me!

Rep:
Level 75
Posting to update that this project will be using the Vampyr client to be an MMORPG. The OP will be updated appropriately!

Rep:
Level 82
Please remember, nearly anything you add to the system that has to do with multiplayer capabilities will have to do with switches, variables, and whatnot, because you can't edit huge (not necessarily drastic) things. You can't edit huge things because then you need to edit the server itself, and you can't do that, because that would be illegal.

I would suggest either just you or just one other person to be making sidequests (not the idea, the actual quests) because quests are put into one Quest file, not separate.

Rep:
Level 75
Please remember, nearly anything you add to the system that has to do with multiplayer capabilities will have to do with switches, variables, and whatnot, because you can't edit huge (not necessarily drastic) things. You can't edit huge things because then you need to edit the server itself, and you can't do that, because that would be illegal.

I would suggest either just you or just one other person to be making sidequests (not the idea, the actual quests) because quests are put into one Quest file, not s
eparate.

This is mostly pertaining to graphical changes within the GUI's and modifying other (Meaning non-Vampyr) scripts to work well within the network scripts (Seeing how a few caused problems). Also, seeing how it's quite complicated and there are not many guides on how to use the already-created quest/enemy systems built in, I hope a few seasoned scripters will be able to assist on how to event/create things that are already offered by deciphering the code. I'll modify the OP to clarify.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Most scripters would rather beat themselves in the head with stepladders than try and script around something as forceful and unflexable as an MMORPG script.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 82
I would help, as I am (pretty sure) the second-most knowledgeable person about the VTL system, but I'm busy with my own project + life, so...Hope you find some help.

You can PM me what you need help with, and I'll see if I can help, but if I can't, sorry.