RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Solved] Yanfly Engine Melody + Integrated Reserve Party (Thanks Terra-chan)

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Rock Hard, Ride Free!
Can someone help me?
I new to RPG Maker VX and I would like to ask for a script to fix a problem I'm having. I'm making a game of the Wheel of Time series starting at The Eye of the World, so I started from scratch and I found that the base program is EXCESSIVELY lacking especially in battles so I went looking around the net for a script to upgrade the original and I found the Yanfly Engine Melody Demo.

So I decided to use this as a base to start from (btw, It is absolutely incredible) and I went looking for a script to change your party members with a reserve (after I found that the Demo dosen't have a script for this  :( ) and I found the Integrated Reserve Party by modern algebra, so I stuck it in the script manager and hit the playtest button. It loads okay but when I hit the menu button the window goes black and it comes with this error:

????? 'Integrated Reserve Party' ? 791 ??? ArgumentError ??????

wrong number for arguments(2 for 1)

I have NO idea what this means.
(I can copy and paste scripts and knowing WHERE to paste them might be pushing it, anything beyond that is way over my head. lol but I'm trying :lol:

Can someone help me?
Hopefully with a script of some sort that I can paste to fix this compatibility issue.
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 04:43:13 PM by da_reaper16 »

Rock Hard, Ride Free!
I almost forgot to add, I am also looking for a script for a glossary that can be accessed in the menu that gives explanations that are added to it with key terms.
Hopefully, one that is compatible with Yanfly Engine Melody would be nice.
Just like one in Star Ocean 3 would be perfect.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:43:59 AM by da_reaper16 »

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
I think one way to handle your second problem would be with a Common Event. There's an option in Melody Main Menu script that lets you call common events in your menu, start from there and build up a menu with conditional branches and such.

I don't know for your main problem, though... sorry...

Rock Hard, Ride Free!
I've got lots of practice in mapping ;D but I know very little about scripting, but I know even less about events. I can set up movements and conversations between characters but that is pretty well the extent of it.
I have no idea what these branches your talking about are but thanks anyway.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, I'd recommend using KGC LargeParty instead of mine. Mine is designed for the default menu and so it doesn't play well with scripts that change the menu, like YEM. KGC LargeParty, on the other hand, does the party change in its own scene, and so all you'd need to do is set it up within YEM itself. Just do a google search for it and you should probably find it.

Rock Hard, Ride Free!
I already looked for that before, but I couldn't find one that was translated. If you can link me to a translated version, it would help IMMENSELY.
Thanks.

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Translated KGC Scripts on RMVX.net

A bonus with KGC_largeparty is YEM is already set to add it to the menu, you just add :kgc_largeparty to the menu options list.

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Rock Hard, Ride Free!
OMFG the demo is incredible I can't even begin to imagine how it is even POSSIBLE to have even half the scripts without the whole thing exploding :lol:
I copied the KGC_LargeParty into the script editor. I got rid of my error but the the party option isn't appearing in the menu.

But I do have a question about it. Is it possible to change the bestiary into something like a glossary? and if so, can someone show me how so I can paste it into the script editor in in my demo

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 09:16:52 PM by da_reaper16 »

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Like I said, you need to add :kgc_largeparty into the Main Menu Melody.
Code: [Select]
    MENU_COMMANDS =[ # Follow the instructions above.
      :items,          # Default Item Menu
      :status,         # Default Status Menu
      :skill,          # Default Skill Menu
      :equip,          # Default Equip menu
      :event2,         # Common Event
      :save,           # Default Save Menu
      :system,         # Default Game End Menu
      :kgc_largeparty, #Places the Party Command underneath System in Main Menu Melody
    ] # Do not remove this.
Code: [Select]
    MENU_ICONS ={ # If an icon is not present, it will use the unused icon.
      :unused => 176,
      :items  => 144,
      :skill  => 159,
      :equip  =>  44,
      :status => 137,
      :save   => 149,
      :system => 134,
      :kgc_largeparty => 0, #Sets a special Icon for the Party Menu.

I haven't played with the bestiary much though.

~My Projects~

~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Rock Hard, Ride Free!
 ??? OK, let me see. I'm supposed to paste kgc_largeparty Into Main Menu Melody at the bottom then I paste these two pieces of script below kgc_largeparty. Is this right?  :lol:

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
You import KGC_Large Party like any script and at that point existing in the Melody script (73 and 88) you add ":kgc_largeparty," anywhere in the lists.

~My Projects~

~ RPG Maker Collective ~

Rock Hard, Ride Free!
ROFL :lol: Sorry about yesterday, it was one of those days you stare at your screen for like 15 mins and you still don't know what you are supposed to be doing.  :lol:

I put your script fragments in and it works, I can bring up party menu now and no errors.

So ahhhhhhh.........  How DO you set characters to start on standby by default on newgame? The standby slots are all empty. I found this on line 55 on the KGC_largeparty script.

"#_/  * get_stand_by_member_ids
#_/     This aquires the arrangement of the ActorIDs of the standby actors."

but I don't think this is it and I'd rather not poke at the settings of scripts without knowing what what will happen.

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
If you want to start with more than 4 characters you have to have a startup event that uses the basic system Change Party Member and add the new party member(s) you want added.

~My Projects~

~ RPG Maker Collective ~