RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX/VXA] Sprites and the Tileset

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Hello, I'm new to this site. Anyway, I've downloaded a pretty nice tileset that I'd hate to get rid of because of sprite problems. It seems the tileset doesn't look good with rmvx's chibi sprite style(I believe that's what it's called), For example, the sink in the tileset is as big as the sprites. So I'm guessing I have to use a bigger sprite. I've tried the ones from rmxp, but they don't seem to fit either( They're bigger, but don't look good with rmvx tiles). Does anyone know a way to take a rmxp style sprite and make it look like it belongs in a rmvx style tilesets? Your efforts will be appreciated!

~Thanks,
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:59:03 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Well the main difference of RMXP style images and RMVX style images is a matter of coloring. RMXP is a bit more pixelated (in general) and RMVX goes for a more painter style. It's really hard to give advice without seeing the images that you're using and how you're using them. But if you're main issue is wanting new larger sprites that work better with RMVX style than RMXP, I shall direct you to MACK. If you need further assistance I suggest screenshots, or links to the sources of the images you're having trouble with.

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Hey, thanks! You actually replied a little late, as I found a few MACK sprites, but even still, you directed me to a lot more than what I had. Thanks!