RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RM2K3] Doors Without Switches

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Let's Player
This tutorial was made because every time I needed something like this, I could never find exactly what I needed, and I figured that it was time I put my two cents in.

Okay. First, create the event with whichever door sprite you want, and set the event to \"Touched by Hero, Same Layer as Hero.\"

Now insert a move event to how you want your door to open. You can do this several ways. The easiest way is this:

<>Move Event: Face Left
<>Change Event Location, this event, (X, Y)
<>Wait 0.1 sec
<>

When you input this, make (X, Y) two squares up from the event.
[EX: if you had your event at (20, 45), move the event to
(20,47).]

The other way you could do it, if you like your door to \'swing\' open, is like this:

<>Move Event: Face Right
<>Wait 0.2 sec
<>Move Event: Face Up
<>Wait 0.2 sec
<>Move Event: Face Left
<>Change Event Location, this event, (X, Y)
<>Wait 0.1 sec
<>

By gamecreator777