RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Graphic Artifacts

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I think that that's what they're called. Picture here:
Spoiler for:
Luckily that ship kept that red line for a long time, enough for me to see it and decide to SS it with Fraps. Similar things happen with the orange jet booster thingies on the SCV's backs.

One thing I'd also like to point out is that, if this isn't an innate problem with Fraps itself, the actual graphics I see while playing SC2 are much lighter than the screenshot and may be overall smoother.

The problem is that there's a bunch of graphics problems. Borderlands, for instance, will run things at the lowest settings though all the options are set to the highest possible. And graphic artifacts will appear in Borderlands, too.

Also, I found out that recently that there was a thunderstorm early in the morning, if that would make any impact (which seems possible).

Nothing besides that thunderstorm varies from last night and today; I have not messed with anything inside the case, and I only opened it after seeing this problem to check if all the fans were working. GPU-Z and other programs recognize the graphics card, and other checks seem to say that everything's working fine.

Anski says it's possibly an overheating issue. I would assume that's possible, but it seems just unlikely as there's been very little change from yesterday and today.

Irock says it's dust, but I don't think one month's worth of dust could possibly be enough to affect my computer this much. And the difference only occurred between yesterday and today, so I doubt one night could be sufficient.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Irock says it's dust, but I don't think one month's worth of dust could possibly be enough to affect my computer this much. And the difference only occurred between yesterday and today, so I doubt one night could be sufficient.
I didn't say it's dust. You implied that a computer wouldn't overheat after a month since "nothing has changed" so I informed you of some various things that could have happened since you put it together, dust collection being one of them.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Err I should have added "possibly" after "it's" for you as well. But that's what the connotation was. It's not like you're omniscient.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
are your drivers up to date?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Err I should have added "possibly" after "it's" for you as well. But that's what the connotation was. It's not like you're omniscient.
I did not ever say it's dust. I gave you examples of what could change in a month, since you said "nothing has changed".

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
My artifacts beat yours:

Can you download and run speedfan or something similar whilst your gpu is under load, or just look at the temperatures yourself and see if they are high

Can we stop with the dust please :D

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Irock, I said nothing has changed, obviously referring to real life and not just theoretical stuff. Just because something COULD happen doesn't mean it always does.

@NAMKCOR: Yeah, drivers are up-to-date. Everything was working fine before so it seems fairly unlikely that it's a software issue to me.

@ahref: I'll try and run SpeedFan while running one of the games when I get home... currently on a vacation. However, my SpeedFan tends to only show the temperature of my "Core" aka CPU. :P

Rep:
Level 102
Irock, I said nothing has changed, obviously referring to real life and not just theoretical stuff. Just because something COULD happen doesn't mean it always does.
Things are constantly changing. It's absurd to say nothing has changed, especially considering you yourself said a you had a thunderstorm. Whether you know of any changes or not, changes, big or small, are constantly happening.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Irock just shut up, stop being ignorant, and stop taking things so literally. It's absurd to assume that I was thinking that absolutely nothing had changed. I don't need you trolling me unless you have something that's actually worth reading.

And before anyone says "WOW LOL SRS BUSNEZ," I'm just getting fed up with all this :moo: and stuff like that. If I have a serious question, take me seriously. And actually look at what I'm saying before replying with "LOL GOOGLE IT." Not that exact situation has occurred, but I was neglected with just a "no," as if I was going to ask if "DX11" meant "DivX 11" or some stupid crap like that.

And yes, I'll say that AF is a better person than me for taking the hate better than I have.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:09:55 AM by mastermoo420 »

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Is that a cracked version of SC2? or retail?

As blizzard had to release a patch as they did not cap the FPS on menus, so cards were working hard getting the FPS stupidly high, causing them to overheat.

When i torrented SC2, i stayed at a menu and i had a complete PC freeze up.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It's a cracked version, but the crack is applied after the latest patch so... yeah. Still at vacation so will update later, lol

EDIT: PC Wizard shows GPU to be at 40C when running Borderlands, btw. SC2 is 43C at the main menu which should be where problems with overheating occur since it was supposed that things overheated when the game tried to render or whatever graphics ridiculous amounts when idling.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 09:23:08 PM by mastermoo420 »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
BUMP: I was recommended this: link

I was told that the problem is my PSU and that it's low quality. Would anyone else say this is a good idea ?_?

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
It's a cracked version, but the crack is applied after the latest patch so... yeah. Still at vacation so will update later, lol

EDIT: PC Wizard shows GPU to be at 40C when running Borderlands, btw. SC2 is 43C at the main menu which should be where problems with overheating occur since it was supposed that things overheated when the game tried to render or whatever graphics ridiculous amounts when idling.

Those are really low temps. D:

What's your current PSU?
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
You have more than enough power for an Athlon II X4 & 5770 setup.
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Or the problem could be with the PSU. Installed new PSU and problems are gone. Btw, does it affect performance if I connect all my parts to one cord? Like the PSU has lots of cords, but one cord has, like, three places for supplying power to parts, and I just put it on one. P:

Rep:
Level 102
I'M STARTING TO THINK ROPH DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I'd agree with Roph, that 500W PSU should be fine. did you check all your connections before you swapped it with a new one? Maybe one was loose or something. :o
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
maybe the old PSU was faulty

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
The deed is done now, so it doesn't matter. If moo wants to waste 90 bucks, that's his own fiscal problem. B|

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, according to the PSU's specs, the PSU should save money with 80%+ efficiency. ;8 But I doubt it'll be that big of a difference. Anyways, all I know is that I won't have to upgrade my PSU for a long time. :P And it's $70 though it could have been $60 but my mom didn't put in the code thingy. >_>