RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Generic Chronicles Part 1: Cliche Quest XP

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
This game is my break.
I have to spend a lot of time on each and every detail of Legion, like Enemy stats, player stats, map design, etc. So on the side, I wanted to make a project for the hell of it, a project that does not have beautiful maps or a enthralling storyline. This is my result. Cliche Quest XP is the first part in a 3 part series, and all of em are going to be made for my fun. Sure Legion is fun to make, but only parts of it are. I enjoy making enemies, and items, and stuff but not mapping.
Enjoy this if you can.
The Generic and Cliche Story:
Spoiler for:
Long ago, the evil demon Dikut terrorized the land. He ruled for many years until the Chosen hero came. The Hero and Dikut had a ferocious battle, but ultimately, Dikut was killed and peace was restored. 5000 years have passed, and Dikut has somehow been revived. Its up to the new hero to defeat Dikut once again and restore peace

Characters(You will forsee it):
Spoiler for:
Arshes
The generic hero, he is the choosen one, even if he doesn't want to be. He loves to rob people and the people he robs don't seem to care.

Screenshots:
Spoiler for:

-----------------------------------
Demo(v0.01):
It goes up to the first dungeon which is actually just a switch puzzle
http://www.mediafire.com/?3g9ug89o1hsrv7h
Walkthrough:
http://dylanleeconley.blogspot.com/2010/08/cliche-quest-xp-v001-demo-walkthrough.html
Its very short, i'd estimate that it will take you 5 minutes. BUT 5 VERY ENJOYABLE MINUTES Besides, when the next demo is released you can just copy youre save file and start where you left off

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
epic story ;)
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 76
A local spriter.
I was about to punch you in the face for copying off of Generic RMXP Game, but then I read the story and realized you weren't. I was so relieved I didn't have to punch you.  ;8

I heard a joke once.
A man goes to the doctor and says he can't get over a great depression.
Doctor says, the Great Clown Poliauchi is in town, go see him and you'll feel better!
But Doctor! He says, I am Poliauchi. Funny huh?
Then everybody laughs and the curtains close.

Rep:
Level 84
passed it. was funny,lol

Anyway, the iron gate, you can walk bu the door side,lol no need to get the key ;p

Also, nice walkthrought ;D

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
This does not sound funny or witty. It sounds lame and boring. It is not an original idea. The only skills you're going to enhance by making a mock project like this is your mapping skills.

Create a real game, even a light one, incorporate humor, but try something a little better.

The only way you're going to improve your skills is if you take something seriously.

Rawr.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 84
well, as he said above, this is a break project, to chill from his main game... And i played it, and it were 5 minutes,lol it wasn't bad enogh for quit at start. i would say do the 2nd part ;D

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
This does not sound funny or witty. It sounds lame and boring. It is not an original idea. The only skills you're going to enhance by making a mock project like this is your mapping skills.

Create a real game, even a light one, incorporate humor, but try something a little better.

The only way you're going to improve your skills is if you take something seriously.

Rawr.
Eh, maybe the sequel. My main project takes up all my "good" time. This is a "chill" project as DarkGamer put it. I'm not trying to improve at all. Do you remember when you first got RPG Maker and you had a lot of fun making crappy games? It wasn't about quality it was just fun to use. Thats what im tryin to do here, even if its a bit better. Want somethin serious then check out my main project "Legion"

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
passed it. was funny,lol

Anyway, the iron gate, you can walk bu the door side,lol no need to get the key ;p

Also, nice walkthrought ;D
Oops yeah i forgot about that glitch....i'll fix it...
This isn't the first whole part just to say. This is a small demo. It took me probably 30 minuetes to make maybe.
Part 2 will be made in VX, and it will be mah first ever VX game

Rep:
Level 84
ok, i did save the save file, so when you release the addon of the 1st part, i can continue ;p

get it done! :D

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
I want to extend the demo to at least 10 minuetes, most likely more, and I still have another project, so hopefully you can wait a bit