RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] [Postponed] CRYSTaL NiGHTS DEMO 2.0

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Gotta do alot of fixinf of minor bugs, and clean it up alot, remove resources that aint being used. and edit RTP and Recolour some RTP.

http://www.easy-share.com/1911962702/Omega.exe

Characters:
Spoiler for:
Celes: The Heroin of the game, she lives on a small farm, that is under attack from fiend for an unknown cause.

Orton: Sent by King Canyon's High Summoner To help Celes on her task to recover an Item, he's very rude.

Story  Line:
Spoiler for:
The land is 1000 years older, I new hero is ready to protect the 9 crystals of the land, and somthing seems to have gone a miss. You set of on a quest to find these crystals and restore the power of the land, and the evil eventually kills the main character, leaving the world in disorder. Other chararcters continue on to seach for the other crystals hopeing that they can restore order to the land without the legendary hero, two more characters die, and the other two turn evil taking the 7 of the 9 crystals with them, giving the bad guys 8 of the 9 crystals in total. Main character's siblings (brother, and twin sister) are also Hero's, they go, and try to obtain all 9 crystals after everyond had died or turned evil, and they end up winning and retreive all 9 crystals, they split the crystals in half, and bury one with the main character. which brings main character back to life and Evil, she kills the two siblings, destroys the crystals and and the world. END GAME.

I suck at telling a story. lol

SCREEN SHOTS:
Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:29:43 PM by modern algebra »
Now Your nightmare comes to life.

[RMXP] CRYSTaL KNigHTS: The First Dawn - 20%
[RMXP] White Ruins - 10 %

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
yes, more info, till then won't dl it. ;l
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
ill work on that today. here's some basic info. main char is a girl names Celes, she lives on a farm with her little brother and father, she wakes up one day to the farm getting attacked, she sets on a journey to the next town over, after fending off fiends, she wants to know whats going on, only to find out that there is a possiblity of the story of the "crystals" being true, so eventually she sets off on a journey to find the first crystal.

to me game play is excellent. Ill throw some screen shots on as well.. But my speech and stuff to lead up to the story and all is kinda chessey and straight forward.

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, anyway, screenshots are the most important, so we can see the style,etc. Anyway, i'm dling since you've updated fast, ;)
Coming back with something after =)

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
screen shots might be later tonight, maybe in the next 2 hrs, cause ill have to replay it. lol and make the shots. but yeah thanks for trying it out, let me know if you have any problems, and i think the character interactions, (like talking) are cheesy. lol

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Unless you want the player to see all the events, npcs, etc you can just take a shot from the editor, just go to layer 3 and turn dim other layers off, then press Prt Screen, usually above Insert, Delete. Open two instances of Paint, then press CTRL+V because it saves the pic to the clipboard. Use the select tool, select just the map, and copy. Then go to the other paint open, and paste it. Theres a screenshot.
I am reluctant to download this game without em. If you need the screenys ingame, just be lazy and set your start marker wherever the screenshot needs to be

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
working on a few screenshot rightnow.

Rep:
Level 84
the extraction gives me an error. at prison clouds.png! I can't play it...

I get this:

Spoiler for:
Sun Aug 08 01:07:48 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Titles//Universe.
Sun Aug 08 01:07:48 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Windowskins//Green.
Sun Aug 08 01:09:37 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Autotiles//082-G_Water02.
Sun Aug 08 01:09:37 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Windowskins//Green.
Sun Aug 08 01:09:37 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Windowskins//Green.
Sun Aug 08 01:09:37 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Windowskins//talk1.
Sun Aug 08 01:09:38 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Pictures//Story001.
Sun Aug 08 01:09:47 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Pictures//Story002.
Sun Aug 08 01:10:01 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Titles//Universe.
Sun Aug 08 01:10:01 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Windowskins//Green.
Sun Aug 08 01:10:11 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Autotiles//082-G_Water02.
Sun Aug 08 01:10:11 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Windowskins//Green.
Sun Aug 08 01:10:11 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Windowskins//Green.
Sun Aug 08 01:10:11 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Windowskins//talk1.
Sun Aug 08 01:10:12 Hora de Verão de GMT 2010 - Unable to find file Bitmap : Graphics/Pictures//Story001.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Hmm thanks ill delete the things not being used and see what wrong with the poison cloud. and im posting screen shots NOW. :)

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Those screenshots look great! Im downloading now. I like the thing that shows EXP to next level

Rep:
Level 84
Don't think will work. just let him update the download, else you'll get same problem as me...

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Ok....to the creator....
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT HEALTH BAR UNDER THE ENEMY SCRIPT?!?!? I MUST HAVE IT

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Ok....to the creator....
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT HEALTH BAR UNDER THE ENEMY SCRIPT?!?!? I MUST HAVE IT

Ill post it in the Script section forum
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:35:12 AM by Cedricsawall2 »

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
i think ill delete this post when I have the project ACTUALLY working properly.

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Probably a good idea...i opened up the game and most of the tilesets where f***** up, so was the menu. The resources got jacked up in the compression. When you compress a game, make sure the thing about encryption is checked

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Can't say much for your story, primarily because it's less of a story and more of a summary of the demo itself. You might want to fix that.

Negativity aside, you have gorgeous maps. The outdoor scenes are especially appealing. Excellent work there.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
ok the new link should work

Rep:
Level 84
testing it. ;) will come back again ;)

Rep:
Level 84
It works, and i see that this time you did hide the project. well done.

Love your intro(the eqing thing, well thought).

Playing, later.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
It works, and i see that this time you did hide the project. well done.

Love your intro(the eqing thing, well thought).

Playing, later.

alrighty. thanks :) hope you have fun.

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Still love your mapping. I like the intro to

Rep:
Level 84
just wondering...Why would you put save crystals on the map, if you can open the menu and save?...

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
He probably doesnt know how to remove save =o
I would help ya but...I use a Ring Menu script, so thats all I know how to edit =(

Rep:
Level 84
just disable save... And...i got stucked in the game.

*your maps are lagged, and it's so slow to walk ;(
*Battles are also very slow...

(i got kinda bored with those 2 things, and actually was about to play it...isn't there anything you could do? )

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Funny thing is, I checked is scripts and he has a Anti-Lag script :(

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
lol opps forgot to disable the saving.. XD it was lagging on an anti-lag script!? wtf? it didnt lag at all for me, did you find the "sprint shoes" those speed up the walking. and how are the battles slow? like it takes a while to kill the baddies or what? explain the slow battles. Ill fix the save and walking problems on the next demo release. Im getting tired of all this bak and forth stuff to get them to work properly. But thanks for letting me know whats wrong, and how else can I fix the lag? if I have "anti-lag script" OH YEAH. where did you get stuck at?

And how would I set the walk speed up? I know how to do it with an item, but not through an event.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 03:27:53 AM by Cedricsawall2 »

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Im trying to fix this, this is my FIRST project btw. again. i guess Ill fix stuff, and post another link. if you want to walk faster you need to find the "sprint shoes" (like the ones in Final Fantasy 6) you can get one pair early on in the game..

Rep:
Level 84
to speed up the hero walking, just set an event, set move...speed change it to which you want. it will change forever.

I got stuck in a outside map, and i am not sure, but i think the teleports are missing...Or the passage it's too hiden...

Going to take a screen later.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
to speed up the hero walking, just set an event, set move...speed change it to which you want. it will change forever.

I got stuck in a outside map, and i am not sure, but i think the teleports are missing...Or the passage it's too hiden...

Going to take a screen later.

alright show me a screen shot, and ill see whats up. I changed the character speed, and baddie's are weaker, and characters, Equipment stronger. I disabled the save, and hopefully in the screen shot if its just hidden ill tell you where to go, and fix it, but usually on the maps, the Light brown dirt is kinda like a path, so that will tell you the way, also some spots have signs to tell you which way is where. lol. but yeah Ill get on that when I see where the problem is. Thanks :)

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
I have a sprint script, you press C and he runs. You could just have a common event where if sprint shoes are in your inventory, activate sprint script

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
I have a sprint script, you press C and he runs. You could just have a common event where if sprint shoes are in your inventory, activate sprint script

I got the sprint shoe thing already, where if there equiped you press "Z" on the keyboard to run. so thats all good :) Thanks anyway :)

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
If you press F12 to restart, the map freezes. Just putting it out there. I can't see any lagging, though save isn't disabled and some teleport events are st on touch while some are set on action. Also, three potions isn't much when you have to take down a whole pile of enemies, and leveling barely does anything for you. It should be a bit more balanced, IMO.

Apart from those, the game's pretty good so far.

EDIT: Btw, that dungeon is ridiculously long for 4 potions.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 11:39:12 PM by cozziekuns »

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Cozzies right, dungeons need like 10+ potions(for a small one) hidden throughout in chests

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Yeah, the next demo, which will be released at the end of the week will have the enemies and characters more balanced, Save will be disabled, and ill look out for those teleports too. Also I still need to see where that other guy was getting stuck at, So I can possibly fix that too. and what would i do to fix the F12 thing? Ill try to make the baddies in the dungeon drop potions, and Ill add a few to the chests :)

Ill be playing it again, regularly to see what else is wrong instead of playing it through the project creator window.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:13:22 AM by Cedricsawall2 »

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
New demo release TONIGHT

Rep:
Level 84
yes, actually was about the teleport thing, i just clicked action button, and it did teleport.

Dang, the worst and the only thing that made me stop playing it, its because the lag on the maps. I need like 10 minutes to go to the next map, instead of 20 seconds, because of the lag. ;s

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
yes, actually was about the teleport thing, i just clicked action button, and it did teleport.

Dang, the worst and the only thing that made me stop playing it, its because the lag on the maps. I need like 10 minutes to go to the next map, instead of 20 seconds, because of the lag. ;s

ok. :( that sucks are you sure its not your PC? cause I dont get any lag, and I dont think anyone else has. and Im running mine with 512MB RAM with no lag.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
NEW LINK, BUGS FIXED, AND ALOT FIXED, EDITED AND REDONE.

Rep:
Level 84
I will try DLing once more, to see if i don't get that horrible lag again! =(

Wish me luck...

-edit- Very lag. i don't know why...must be the computer =(

But noone other game does lag...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 05:48:12 PM by DarkGamer »

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
So I have to say over all it was nice. I didn't get any lag. I did see some Mapping issuses. The only issuses were sometime things I could walk over and others I couldn't, like a barrel or a table. I guess the only one I remeber is in the second room in the begining Farm house, the barrel. Some of the house in town have the problem and one of the shop. I should taken notes, sorry.  Or maybe you intended to happen, if that;s the case then, eh. I think you should be proud, it's nice. I agree with the others, the intro is pretty amazing, did not see the ground spliting the way it did. GOOD JOB! :)
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
sorry darkgamer. I have absolutely no clue what is causing your lag :(

kidfox, no I didnt intend for those to be like that, thanks for informing me that those tiles are in need of fix, I will get to that ASAP, im working on the next demo, which is maybe and additional... 2 or 3 hours. should be release maybe Friday.

Rep:
Level 84
hoping forward to see the chest minigame :p

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
The default RTP battlers...kind of suck. Naramura remade like every singlen character battler of them so if you want I can give ya a link

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
@Darkgamer: chest mini game will be in the next demo release.

@ anyone that can help: BY CHANCE DOES ANYONE GET A SCRIPT ERROR IF YOU FINISH A BATTLE WITH A CHARACTER DEAD?

i get error:
Script 'Window_BattleResult' line 88: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass.

if you can help me out with this Id really appreciate it, cause I cant continue the game progress till its fix.

@Dylan: Then ill have to go through them and Recolour the battlers, but sure. Ill take a gander, I know using RTP's suck thats why I spiced it up alittle using Recolours, for some.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
no more updates till its released and if I continue working on it like I am now, it should be done.... October-ish, if not Ill be done... around December. I like lost fun games, like Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy VI, so Im trying to make this something along those lines, with a hint of other games here and there, like TLOZ: A Link to the Past, and other great SNES games.

Ill try to keep interesting by posting Screen Shots. and updating the first post, so keep checking.

Edit: Im adding a costume setting soon into the game, which will feature, up to 6 different costumes, for each character. and each costume will have a unique power within it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 04:27:42 AM by Cedricsawall2 »

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
I might just ditch this project because, it was a project from like 5 years ago, and I dont have the idea's now that I did back then, and this was going to take forever anyways, maybe ill work on something more.... simple and shorter.

Rep:
Level 84
maybe ill work on something more.... simple and shorter.
Yup, you should make something that you actually could finish

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
yup, but I wont let your mini-games that you made me go to waste :)