RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Half Prince: A Legend is Born - Recruitment

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~

Catch your attention?

Second Life Project is a project for RPGMakerVX looking for people to assist with various aspects of the game creation process. Our old forum went down on IPBfree so we lost a lot of people that we didn't get all of the contact information for and life happens to everyone anyway. The previous thread advertising for recruits didn't pan out so well, and hopefully this one will see some more results.

The project is based on 1/2 Prince, a Chinese Novel by Yu Wo and the spin-off Manhua by Choi Hong Chong about a girl that stubbornly takes her twin brother's challenge to get through an MMO without using her "womanly wiles" and ultimately becoming the only transvestite sanctioned at character creation. The story follows her adventures in the world of Second Life, a Virtual Reality MMORPG with a reality level of 99% that can be played as the user sleeps. The story spans 8 Novels and an ongoing Manhua, but our first project is going to focus on just the first 2 Novels and about the first 22 chapters of the Manhua. We ultimately hope to do the whole thing however.

We aren't an overly intensive group. We understand people have lives and that things take time. We hope for progress in one thing a month, and if not that, at least notices and updates in your progress, saying what your working on. It's not that bad.

What we're looking for (In order of Priority)
Scripters: We don't have anyone that is an expert in Ruby that can handle script compatibility issues, writing new scripts where needed or modifying scripts to better suit our purposes. The most experienced person we have in using RPGMaker unfortunately is being pulled away by real life and we really need someone to fill the role of scripter. If more than one person would take up the challenge, that would be great. Two scripts I have requested for this project are: Level Skill by Use (RMRK Link) that SowS has posted to be working on, but has not posted any results and Cutscene Skip which Jet completed. There are actually plenty of other things we want to incorporate, like leveling Weapons that's compatible with Melody (We've been playing with Dairu's and still have a few issues) and other leveling equipment is also canon (in particular a headpiece). So we really need some guys that would be able to take on some challenges. Some scripts we are currently using:
Spoiler for:
Yanfly Engine Melody
KGC Scripts (assorted)
Tile Swapper by BulletXt
Game Over Common Event by ModernAlgebra
Scene Tutorial by ModernAlgebra
Chest Item Pop-Up 2 by OriginalWij
Debug Tools by OriginalWij
Random Confusion Targets by Mithran
Recover HP/MP/States when Level Up by Woratana
GuardRecover by Synthesize
Overworld Dave World Map
Syvkal's Menu Bars
Variable Map Window
Jet's Event Skipper
Jet's Time System
Original Wij's Resize Window
Thomas Edison VX
Aindra's Custom Lists and Pages
and more

Artists: We have 2 really good artists, but we have a goal of making the artwork in the game fully custom (not just stealing from the manhua/novel) and it's a lot of work, especially with how many characters there are and how many scenes we have to pan through. And with the poll I conducted... well more work for artists abound! We're fairly discerning about the artists and we're hoping for artists that match the caliber and style of our two main artists that we already have so that the project won't be a total mash. Samples of their work can be found on our forum's Visitor Section.

Writers: People that can write out events within the limitations of the game and converting them from the original text with consideration to the switches and variables that can trigger these events.

Sprite Pose Artists: I admit this is a weakness of mine, I'm not that great at poses and we have a lot of sprites that need them. I have found some help, but the more the merrier!

Databasers: We're still in early project development so balancing issues aren't that big of a deal yet, but it will become more of an issue over time so having people that are good at working out these kinks would be a great help, as well as people that can work through animations for skills in using Melody :3

Composers: We have quite a few, but there's a lot of music to be made, so the more the merrier!

Translators: People that can translate into various languages. We lost a few of them and we had the prospect of Chinese, Spanish, German, French, Hebrew, and Italian. However until the project is closer to completion there are bound to be a lot of text changes and essentially you'll be relegated as a playtester for bugs until there's more text to translate. All languages are welcome! Whatever your language if you want to give translation a go, we'll welcome you!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 03:03:20 AM by Terra-chan »

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
I remember when Holk, Irock and I went on SecondLife and just fucked around. Good times.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I heard a lot of SecondLife's stuff needs IRL muniez so I was liek no wai

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
This actually has nothing to do with the Game Second Life ^_^; *sighs* I'll change the topic title to be after the manhua then :P

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~