RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Tell the Super N00B what she's doing wrong. [RESOLVED]

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
EDIT: Do not post IE scripts into RMXP  :-\ Firefox solved the problem

I read Zeri's FAQ and I thought it was perfect to fix my problem. But no it didn't fix the problem. When I insert a new script and then copy&paste the font is not only invisable but it pastes in one solid huge line. I havn't played RMXP in about 2 years, but last time I made new scripts I NEVER had that happen. And inserting the font line that Zeri provided didn't fix the problem.
 I know a million people are all like "omg i cant find the script editor and omg how do i copy & paste pls".

Do I REALLY have to paste each little line of script in each individual line in the script editor? In every tutorial i've seen all you have to do is copy into the huge white space.

I won't be able to fix this unless I ask the stupidest question in the universe. I took screenshots of the steps I use. Tell me if you see me doing something stupid. I'm sorry I have to ask this, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere else.

You'll have to scroll sideways on some of these images.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:44:06 AM by Kizzy »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I think you copy-pasted the script using IE. Next time, use Firefox or something. I'm unsure about the invisible font though, but try with Firefox and see what happens.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
another thing, you are supposed to insert your script as a seperate line over main... In the sidebar, click on main and hit the INSERT button to add a new line, blank. Now, name your line so you know what it is with the bar at the bottom of the sidebar, and place your script inside there, instead of over the Main script section.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

@ cozzie
I copy & pasted it from notepad. IE isn't going to like corrupt the text when you copy from it.

@Sashi

Huh? Didn't you see my screenshots where I right clicked on main and inserted? And that I have the image of the new script line? If your not referring to that then what are you referring to?

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
well, I haven't used XP recently, and I may be mistaken, but in VX, what you do is, add a new section (as in, the sections on the side, like the interpreters, window functions, and, of course, main)... And you achieve that by having a selection on main (although not inside the scripting window) and clicking the "insert" button.

That would make a new section that you can name what you like (I have a separate section for each of my scripts) and that way, it can be more organized than having 5, 6, or God-forbid, 10 scripts set up above Main, which, technically works, would be terrible if you want support or anything of the like (as the scripts upon scripts would mean that your line number would not match anyone else's unless they had an identical setup)

EDIT: Nvm... I'm an idiot... I just looked at the first screenie and saw that you had put it (which I assumed was the whole script) "above main, like [you were] told to" and didn't even look at the other screenies...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:21:52 PM by Sashikinaroji »
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

However unlikely I thought it to be, cozzie was right.
I am a diehard fan of IE (and i despise firefox) but it is true. For some reason scripts from IE do not work!

When I posted it directly from the thread in IE it was messed up. When I posted the same script directly from fire fox it worked perfectly. How strange.
Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:41:55 AM by Kizzy »

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I think that it has to do with IE displaying text differently from Firefox... But I don't know for sure... I just know that IE doesn't display it exactly how it is submitted...