RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Problem Switching Characters!!!

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
Ok, I'm having a problem with switching the characters around in my game so that one character is shown in a certain map, and another character is shown in another specified map. This would be a whole lot easier if I didn't make a character creation where in the beginning of the game, the player can "customize" their own character. I'm going to far off topic! Back to my problem!

So, I know how to switch characters around, but having the character creation at the beginning of the game means that there are about 8 choices of characters that the player can choose from.

If I'm confusing you so far, I'm about to make it a whole lot easier to understand =).

Here is what happens. There is currently a party of two members. The player has a choice of either:Make character #1 (Elen) go through a gate, or, Make character #2 (The created character (lets call him Zack)) go through a gate. (This is the same gate but with a different teleport, depending on which choice the player makes.)

So, if the player wants Elen to go through the gate, I would have to remove Zack from the party, so that it shows Elen walking around. However, there is no way I could do that, because Zack is the created character, so I don't know who I'm removing from the party! Also, when it comes time again for me to add Zack (the created character) back into the party, I can't do that either, so now I have a missing party member on my hands!!!

If someone knows how I can do this (hopefully without removing the character creation system) please, please post it here!

P.S. I want all the ideas you have, even if they sound like they would NEVER work! It just might work =)

Thanks!!!
..........|¯•¸_¸,.•”ˆ¯....Thundercow....¯ˆ“•.,¸_¸•¯|..........
¯•_¹ˆ¯•ˆ¯¯±¸_Thunderclan WÅrrÏØr_¸±¯¯ˆ•¯ˆ²_•¯

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete