RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Recruitment for Project Dream!!

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
"Project Dream"
In need of recruitment for my game! 

Hey everyone! I'm making a game called Project Dream and I could use a good team to help me out with it and naturally I came here because the people here are the best RPG makers!
I'm using RPG maker XP to make my game.
The story-line is still in progression but as a preview it is about a young boy named Aaron who has grown up in the city of Verdane and one day he runs into an evil group and accidentally becomes the main subject for the dreams research project. He is used as their "experiment" on dreams so Aaron forgets everything and he needs to figure out what is going on. He accompanies a cleric to find a girl named Kaitlin (who is actually Aaron's best childhood friend but he forgot that). As Aaron travels around the continents he somehow finds ways to get involved with extreme danger. The game would be a classic RPG with a massive amount of areas while collecting items and secrets spells to improve and level up your team. The plan on highly developing the story-line and making it something truly not to forget. Right now it is still in early development so please no insults yet. :P

I can give as much info as asked for about the game but about the recruitment positions:
I need some
-composers
- spriters (making icons for items and weapons and making characters
- people with ideas! anyone that would like to help and input an ideas or requests please join as well. The more minds together the better the game can be.
- mappers (I'm pretty good with the mapping but it helps to have some help with it and together we can critique each other to help make all our maps as awesome as possible!
- SCRIPTERS!!! pleasse!! I am not so great when it comes to this and this happens to be the section that really changes up the game.

I have a lot of ideas to make this a unique and just fun to play game. Great story that really is alluring and tons of explortion and gameplay to keep you busy for weeks! An unforgetable story is what I am reaching for so please help me out!  :D I am patient and determined to work as hard as possible to make a near perfect game! Or at least my idea of perfect.
Thank you everyone and please help me out! Project Dream can be great!

Heres a quick screenshot, I can post many more at a later time

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp138/blakebejan47/firstpicture.png

Rep:
Level 76
I love minus rep! :D
hmm..
Lets see i am a beginner to this xD
But maybe i could come up with ideas?
Even though i dont know how much support i would be ^^

all ideas are welcome!
so what do you thing you can come up with?
right now I really need some fresh ideas for the adventure and not so much the story. By this I mean what are some extras that the player could be able to do in the environment. As in interact with people, join guilds and such, any extra ideas that make the game more realistic and fun would be great.
Also ideas for puzzles, missions, mini-games that the player would have to beat or solve. Interesting and challenging boss ideas? Oh and of course terrain. Have an interesting and fun to explore world is always a great feature. So if you and anyone else that is interested would want to donate some ideas for a fresh and interesting game it would be greatly appreciated.

Rep:
Level 76
I love minus rep! :D
Sure i will see what i can do :D
can you like give me some more of the story of the game?
Just to get the feeling of what ideas would fit in?

yeah of course! ill send it over to you over a message.

Okay I need another recruitment job!
I need a SCRIPT FINDER! I am really bad at finding scripts and making them work with my game. Everytime I find the script I want I try to apply it but there is always something to do within the script itself and I just don't understand that stuff.
I don't want to post this on the script request page because I know these scripts are out there and I don't want to annoy people.
But please help me out on this.
The job requires finding scripts and applying them to the game to make them work properly.

currently I need:
A COOKING SCRIPT- A script that allows characters to cook in the game with ingredients they find/ buy. The cooked food can be consumed for HP/ SP recovering and other boosts and useful benefits.

FORGING WEAPONS SCRIPT- I want the player to be allowed to collect materials and take them to a person and the script to activate which allows different materials be combined to create weapons and armors with different stats and stat boosts. (ex. you get 2 best hides and 1 rope and take them to the forger and create a beast rope.)

A JOURNAL SCRIPT- When the menu is accessed there is a "Journal" option, when it is clicked on it lists the quests or missions that need to be completed (I know there is one in Aveyond that I works well) It would be nice to have two lists. One for main Quest and one for Side quests as well.

AN AUTOSAVE SCRIPT- When the player reaches locations the game autosaves so if the player dies and forgot to save it doesn't send him back to far in the game.

A BETTER MESSAGE SCRPT- When talking happens the message box will have a smaller box that says who is talking and a possible add on of a picture of who is talking as well for the more important characters. I found this: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,1767.0.html which looks really great but I can't fgure out how to apply it.
Right now I use the "Show Picture" command to show whos talking but it is really a lot of work just for a little bit of conversation. 
I know I am a massive noob at these scripts but I make up for it in other places  :P

I know these scripts are out there but I fail at finding them so please help me out. It would be amazing if I get some help and I will help anyone else with other stuff if they need me too! I'm a pretty good mapper and story inventor (whatever you want to call it).
thank you!
oh and anyone that helps will be credited for their support
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:14:53 AM by blakerrdurr »

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
You'd be amazed what reading a topic will do for you.

You see, oftentimes, when someone is looking for a solution, they will post in the topic the problem came from. And also, oftentimes, the problems that they have will be repeated later by others, leading to a pattern developing where people will ask a question, and someone will put a past post up again in quotes.

Also, if you typed that stuff into a search engine and added your version of RM, it would be a quick search. I mean, cooking script is extremely common, and there are several different versions... Often called "x's Cooking Script" where X is the scripter's name.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Thanks for the advice, I've done loads of searching and i've found scripts that apply to exactly what I need but I just can't figure them out. I read the instructions and all the comments and everything but when I try it there is always some error or it doesn't work properly as I need it to.
Right now I just found a crafting/ cooking script that would work as the cooking and forging script I need but getting to apply to my game doesn't make sense to me.
http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11261

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
There are only two problems that I can think of you having:

Either, you haven't called the Blacksmith script, and or you haven't set up any recipes. Either way, it requires that you simply input a few numbers into the script at the right part (which is extremely easy to find).

Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

This is one of the sample recipes they have
A problem i'm having is what the numbers i made orange mean. And also the level of the of the recipe, I'm guessing the numbers are referring to the items in the database but when I set them up I get an error.

RECIPES = [
    {'NAME' => 'Cold Sword',
     'TYPE' => 'Blacksmith',
     'LEVEL' => 1,
     'RESULT' => [WEAPON, 33, 1],
     'COMPONENTS' => [
       [ITEM, 33, 1, CONSUMED],
       [WEAPON, 1, 1, CONSUMED]

I know this isn't your script or anything so I don't expect you to know exactly what to do. But my main problem is not understand the numbers and the exact words needed and what exactly they change or do.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Code: [Select]
{'NAME' => 'RECIPE NAME AS STRING',
  'TYPE' => 'RECIPE TYPE AS STRING',
  'LEVEL' => RECIPE_LEVEL_AS_INTEGER,
  'RESULT' => [ITEM_TYPE, ID, VALUE],
  'COMPONENTS' => [
    [ITEM_TYPE, ID, VALUE, CONSUMED?],
    [ITEM_TYPE, ID, VALUE, CONSUMED?],
  ]
}

ITEM_TYPE = ITEM, WEAPON, or ARMOR
ID = ID within the Database
VALUE = Amount used in combination, or as a result of combination.
CONSUMED? = CONSUMED or NOT_CONSUMED

if it doesn't work, it can only mean a couple things, incorrect data (most likely), or a compatibility error (although i doubt it is that)

{'NAME' => 'Honey Coat',
     'TYPE' => 'Blacksmith',
     'LEVEL' => 3,
     'RESULT' => [ITEM, 33, 1],
     'COMPONENTS' => [
       [ITEM, 61, 1, NOT_CONSUMED],
       [ITEM, 62, 1, NOT_CONSUMED]
  ]

#=============================================================================
  # Craft Methods
  #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  =====# valid_recipe? : name=====
  # Checks if the recipe name given exists in the recipe data store.
  #=============================================================================
  def self.valid_recipe?(name)
So as a random trial i'm trying to make a Honey Coat which is under weapons and it takes 2 items to make. item 61 and 61 both need to be not consumed (which means still in the inventory im guessing) and the player needs 1 of both to make but when i click testplay the game comes up with syntaxerror in line 113 which would be the line with all the random == around it. Those == are not ussually there i just put them there so you can see which line it is. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 06:12:39 AM by blakerrdurr »

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
if a line has the "#" key before it, it is not part of the script, so it shouldn't have an error there.

As a side note, I tested this script and it doesn't work for me either, and I put it in exactly as instructed. try finding a new script that is still supported.

I guess there is a problem with the script then so i'll start looking for a new one. Thank you so much for all the help with this. I really appreciate it.
I'll start looking for other scripts and hopefully they'll be easier to understand actually work.

Okay, I need serious help! Whoever can make scripts work together and function correctly! I need someone that can fix these script errors.
So I have the scripts I need but they do not work together. There is so many different errors happening that nothing works right.
Basically: I used a script to make my battles 4 characters only instead of 6 which another script was causing but now that is interfering with my side view battle script and i'm getting all sorts of errors.
Also I am trying to put in a journal instead of a bestiary but the call script brings up more errors. I am using IAMFORTE's mean script and Amaranthia's super simple journal script and they are not compatible.
Then my save files do not show on the title screen put they load files so I just have to guess or know which file is which.

Please someone help me out with this! I can send you a gamefile with all my scripts so it is more hands on.

Rep:
Level 75
Winged Wolf Creations
I could maybe have a look for you if no one else does but i'm not sure i can do too much. Best see if anyone else is willing first. =S My know-how is limited ha ha.