RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Everyone has to start at 0

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Well I'm new here. A friend told me to come here because she said this is a good place to get help. But apparently I can't get help without posts. Now I'm very active on RMVX.net and kinda active on RMCollective.com so coming here and needing to start from scratch and build up a reputation and a post count is kinda annoying, but you have to follow the rules, right?

I find big forums really scary and only ended up posting on both those sites because my first act on both sites was... PM PinedaVX and Tatanya about using their sprites in the project I'm working on. I showed them a bit of my work while I was at it, they liked it and essentially said I should join in the community and be active.

I'm a Spriter and I've been spriting for about 10 years. I started with my webcomic Sprite Show! and in March of this year, members of the Half Prince fan community invited me to participate in the creation of an RMVX fangame of the series. Now I've become one of the project leaders of Second Life Project and am essentially the RMVX PR person because of a measure of reknown and popularity I've gained by my activity in the RMVX.net community.

So here I am, starting from 0 in order to get things together and expand our options.

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
You sound like an enthralling person. Welcome aboard, try not to break anything.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Welcome. ^_^
I'm still rather new here myself, actually. And as a person with a bit of a social phobia, I can see how you would be afraid of a large forum. Everyone I've talked to so far has been really nice and welcoming, though, so you shouldn't be afraid.  :)

((And I hate to sound like a mooch or anything, but I am in desperate need of spriters if you're interested. ^^ I'd be happy to help you with any of your projects in return.))

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
I don't like posting without having a reason to. And I'm very careful about following rules and guidelines. I believe doing things properly ensures less headache in the future. And if you are sure to be detailed about what you ask for, you'll actually get what you want XD

Oh wow, that's a nice feature XD If a posts been posted as you're posting it warns you before posting the post! That's so cool!

And I'm more afraid of large forums because it's a lot of people that you have to get to know and have to get to know you and there's so much going on that you don't know where to start, you know? It's daunting.

As far as spriting... I'm not one for joining projects without vested interest, but I do like helping people. I don't like having the onus of being expected to accomplish something when even I don't know if I can do it though...

~My Projects~

~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Trust me, we may seem like a huge forum, and despite being the second largest, it's pretty small. We're very relaxed here, and treat each other on a personal level, most of here are personal, good friends of each other and are always willing to take in a regular. Don't be shy to post in non RPG Maker threads, it lets us know the real you more and treat you like a person and not a faceless poster.

That, and LOL THERE ARE NO RULES FUCK THE POLICE
:dwi:

(There really are but nobody gives a shit, just don't be a douchebag to people. We aren't the tight lipped assholes who abuse power to the point of banning unless you're really obnoxious.)

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Haha, well you never know when getting into a new forum. It's like joining a club, or coming to a new school. You don't know the rules and you don't know what people expect of you or what they'll think of you so it's hard to open up.

I'm the kind of person that starts slowly with what I know and then branch off into other things... like in RMVX I hung out only in Resources for months before finding my way into other forums. Now I've learned a little bit about scripts and comment on requests and offer suggestions in the Script Requests board there...

But I still need to learn my way around here...

~My Projects~

~ RPG Maker Collective ~

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
As far as spriting... I'm not one for joining projects without vested interest, but I do like helping people. I don't like having the onus of being expected to accomplish something when even I don't know if I can do it though...

Oh, I wasn't trying to put any expectations on you or anything. Just, if you had free time and felt like modifying a few sprites for me or something. If you don't, thats fine. ^^
Sorry if it was rude of me to ask. I just haven't been able to find any spriters at all, and when you said you were a spriter, I got a little bit excited.^^;

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
It doesn't look like the spriters flock to this community, so I can understand. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of activity in the Resource section here. I tend to take requests that are simple and made by people that don't act like they deserve to have their sprite and made perfect too. Unless they present it in such a way that they'd like to have something done, but they're picky about the results. I did a request for a person like that. :3

What kind of edits did you have in mind? Some small edits could be relaxing.

~My Projects~

~ RPG Maker Collective ~

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Welcome :D

And this forum has rules and guidelines? >_>

Rep:
Level 98
Welcome :D

And this forum has rules and guidelines? >_>

Yeah I know, blew my mind too. I first read them when I was a super mod.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
The rules are only for the staff

Last person i remember getting banned was billy bullshit

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
*buries billy bullshit and lets him R.I.P*

I ported my sprite thread over (The RMRK version is linked in my sig now) I'd like people to go over there and give me some feedback, that will help make me feel at home :3

~My Projects~

~ RPG Maker Collective ~

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Oh hey, it's Terra :D
'w')//

I hope you have a nice stay and find the help that you need  :blizj:

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
It's so odd that half (or more!) of the things on the first page of each subforum are actually more than a month old... I guess I'm use to the hectic crazy posting in RMVX now.

~My Projects~

~ RPG Maker Collective ~

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Haha... we're used to the crazy, trust me.

Welcome to RMRK, Terra. Hope you enjoy yourself and find the help that you need. If you get lost, then for GOD'S SAKE DON'T TURN TO ROPH FOR HELP. His candy van is not legit...

...as in, he didn't pay his insurance on it last month.

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
The Resource section here depresses me... I'm really busy with my own project stuff and would like to help more but... it makes me sad to see it so ignored...

Okay the XP section has some life... but I work with VX... It just kinda weighs on me like that... it's like a big empty space... Urg... gotta finish my sprites for SLP then maybe I can fulfill some requests there...

~My Projects~

~ RPG Maker Collective ~

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Welcome :D A little late but its the thought that counts right?

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Welcome, and enjoy your stay. Like everyone does :3

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
y'see, That poor resource section bothers me too... But I'm not skilled enough with tilesets (and charsets are pretty much on a term to term basis, and customs often don't help unless you have someone who needs it before its made, ammarite?)to help out yet... Hell, Right now, I'm working on my first tileset ever!

It is half the resolution of normal VX RTP, because I want my game to have an old-school kinda feel... which I think is being achieved quite well, but that I don't think anyone would benefit from having...

And that is why I don't post resources.

ANYWAYS~!

Welcome to RMRK!
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
There is actually a guy on RMVX/RMC that's been downgrading the entire RTP to be less colors for a more retro feel. Not completely retro, but definitely much simplified. And Touchfuzzy over there actually made some oldschool 8bit tiles and posted a map of them it was pretty cool.

~My Projects~

~ RPG Maker Collective ~