RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Aco-Arts and Crafts

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
My take on the sleeping beauty fairies:
Spoiler for:

Rose:
Spoiler for:

Ribbon:
Spoiler for:

Jar:
Spoiler for:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Hands are pretty tough to draw, right? I'd say thats your biggest weakness in that drawing. I hate drawing hands; I always use mine as a "model" and have decent results after a few attempts.

There's something about the jar I enjoy. I can't put my finger on it, but I do enjoy it- except for the "drips" being underneath the cord at the top, minor detail.

The rose is good. I'm not sure about the shading on the leaves, but the lines are where they should be and the bloom is done well.

I'd have to say that the ribbon impressed me the least. I don't get fabric shading well, either, so I can't really say how I'd have done it differently, just that it is not convincing- it looks like more of a pattern- or perhaps the fault lies with me in not seeing it correctly?

:tinysmile:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, hands are hard for me for some reason. I'm trying to practice. It's hard to nail certain gestures.

The ribbon could possibly be done incorrectly. I drew it before I did any real fabric study. I was attempting to draw the ribbon here:http://farm1.static.flickr.com/48/249878316_3ba9bd439a.jpg
(And uh....I haven't read shojo manga in years, in case anyone was wondering. *cough* >.>')

Also, I updated the pics in my earlier post, but it was a long time ago, so I'll throw them up here in case anyone missed them.

A wallet:
Spoiler for:

A cape:
Spoiler for:

A Japanese-style painting:
Spoiler for:

And a warrior....soldier....horse riding person. >_>
Spoiler for:

(And just to save you guys the trouble, I get that Unnamed Soldier No. 4 © 's hands are also messed up, along with his perspective, and the hood, and a lot of other things I don't feel like going into. It's a really old pic, but I just felt like putting it up.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 05:33:27 PM by Acolyte »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Wow, Aco, I really dig the Japanese painting. It looks fairly authentic! Nice job on the wallet, too- like the jar, there's something about it which is appealing.

Keep practicing hands. I mean like, entire pages worth. See if you can't get one of those wooden hand models, the ones with all the articulations. They're pricey, but worth it from what I'm told. Annotate your hands- what works, what doesn't- and you will get it.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
It's probably the contrast in the shading. I like it too. One of the problems I had when I was younger was to draw things too lightly. If I go all out with the darkening, it looks a lot better.

I actually got an offer for that painting once. They never came to get it, though, which I'm okay with, because it's a cool wall decoration.

They have hand models? I might look into that. I've wanted one of those... ah crap, what's the word? It has a name, those wooden mannequin things that you can pose? I almost bought one once, and then I didn't, and now I can't find them again. I might just look online.

Update, more art dump.

Spoiler for:

This is a reproduction of Ginevra de Benci I did for a contest. The shawl is supposed to be pasta (it was part of the contest). It was extremely rushed, as I had to make a deadline. The hair and face got the worst of it. I got the face shadow the wrong color, and nothing I put over it would cover it up, so she looks sorta corpse-like because of it. ._.

Another more minor detail, there was a little tower in the background that I really liked. I had to trim the painting down to fit on the matting, so the tower got kinda cut in half.  ;9

Spoiler for:

A picture of a statue I have in my bedroom.

Spoiler for:

And a statue from the living room.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:26:35 AM by Acolyte »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

Something I didn't get a chance to finish, because my SAI trial ran out and wouldn't let me save it. :x
I might try to re-outline it and finish it later.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I maded a this thing

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
It's cute! I giggled, I confess...

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Acolyte has chibi'd herself. o_o I don't think I've ever seen a cuter thing in my life.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I was bored, so I made a marker doodle of Dave from Homestuck.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

Oh look, a boo! Not sure if it counts as "art", but hey, it took a while to make, and it's squishy! It's crocheted and stuffed with polyfill. His teeth aren't glued on yet, but they will be soon.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I made a duster.

It took the better part of 3 months to knit. Still need to put bias tape on it and put an actual button on the little tabs.

Rep:
Level 57
Destroy all the monsters...
I made a duster.

It took the better part of 3 months to knit. Still need to put bias tape on it and put an actual button on the little tabs.

@Ashley,

You did very well, Like Rinoa Outfit - -- right?  ;8

See ya' later  8)
Click me, if wanna see more charas.-->
Spoiler for:

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
BEAUTIFUL! 

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Thanks for the compliments you guys :B

Here's my first evar attempt at animation!

Needs some fixing, and maybe some more frames, but I'm pretty excited with the results.  ;8

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
That looks lovely :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, it's nice, but from which direction is the wind coming? The hair on the left side of her head is moving to the left and the hair on the right side of her head is moving to the right. This is especially noticeable with the bang on the right side of her face (which moves left) immediately adjacent to another strand of hair that moves to the right.

I think all of the hair should be moving in one direction, but otherwise the animation looks quite smooth and natural.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I was trying to make it like the wind was blowing directly in her face. I agree, it looks sorta off.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I did some more crocheting:

It's eventually going to be a longer gauntlet-like fingerless glove, but it makes a pretty cool wrist thing like this.

Edit: Here's the finished glove:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:58:19 AM by Clopin »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I made a princess crown for my niece.

Still deciding what to make nephew.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
adorable ^_^  I saw a pattern for a dragon beanie not to long ago. o.o  Maybe something like that?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I did decide to go with something dragon related.

Kinda.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
That is so cute, I can't get over it.  Looove it!

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Favorite Staff Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
I made a duster.

you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

Wasn't going to post a full pic until it was completely finished (still need skirt buttons).

Also, damn. That skirt is not flattering at all.