RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Aco-Arts and Crafts

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Thought it was about time for an update. I didn't really post any of my non-anime work, and since I'm thinking about going into an art-related field, I thought I should show that I'm at least a semi-competent artist.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:03:28 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
It looks okay, but the linework on the top one is messy and interspersed with white dots, and the bottom one has an off-centre mouth and something of an overly large facial area.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Yeah, the scanner I was using wasn't very good. I tried to digitally clean it up as best I could.
It was mostly just a coloring practice with photoshop. ^^

I get what you mean about the second one. The head is a little off. I didn't really notice it until I had already inked it though. Ahwell, live and learn, right?  ^-^

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
You could try SAI or Pixia if you like touching up.

I don't even have a scanner; I take pictures of my sketches and use the linework tools (of which SAI's is superior) to create a linework layer, and then colour underneath it.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded SAI, and it seems like a pretty spiffy tool.  :D

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Spoiler for:

SAI test. I really like this program. ;8

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
If that is a proper example of what Sai can do... IMUSTHAVEIT!

It looks lovely.

I would like to say though, your Chibi only has one thing wrong with it, because chibis are supposed to have really big heads, ammirite?
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Thanks.   :lol:

It is a really nice program.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
[...] the bottom one has an off-centre mouth and something of an overly large facial area.

That's the point of Chibi (a.k.a super-deformed).

Yeah, the newest one looks good, but aside from the obvious things to work on, the right leg is a stump and is way too short, and you need to learn how to keep a light source constant.  Also the shading itself looks awkward in places, like on the hands there's shadow on the knuckles, but light on the back of the hand, making the knuckles appear sunken into the hand (super weird), and amongst other places the cape needs some work.

How do you start a drawing?  Do you draw the pose like a mannequin, or just jump right into the picture? 

I'd also work more on detailing.

edit: oh yeah, and in that first one, death girl, her wrists look broken, try replicating that exact pose yourself, with the twist of her wrists how they are, you really can't, without breaking your wrists :p

</critique>
</heretohelp>

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Thanks for the con-crit. ^^

Yeah, I'm still experimenting with the shading in that paint program. I'm not used to doing things digitally. ^^;

That's actually a rather old drawing that I imported and colored. I didn't draw skeletal structures for them then, but I do now.

And maybe I just have flexible wrists, then. :P

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
The left wrist is the problem.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Oh, I didn't really see it before, but I tried looking at it upside down, and now I kinda see what you mean. I have a bit of trouble trying to figure out poses sometimes. I try looking in the mirror, but it doesn't always work very well.  :-\

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
[...] the bottom one has an off-centre mouth and something of an overly large facial area.

That's the point of Chibi (a.k.a super-deformed).

I know that, but I am aware that the ideal chibi keeps certain consistencies (anatomy, for instance) while the only thing undergoing a drastic change is actually the proportions.

When I say "overly large facial area", I am referring to facial real-estate and not the size of the face (or the head it is appended to). All of the features are too much confined to the central area of the face, whereas they should "spread out" just a tad, or else the indication that the head is in fact a round, 3D object should be given (the narrowing of the jaw and inclusion of the ear.) Because as it stands, there is too much face and not enough head.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Spoiler for:

....better:Y/N? ^^;

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Wow, really nice art.

This one is my favorite, but may I make a suggestion?
Spoiler for:

Her left leg needs more a...um, how do I explain this? Well, where the knee is (hidden obviously though ^,^) you should try and emphasize that that her knee is there...ya know? Also, love your shading! But, the shading (dark lines on her sleeves) should be a little more smudged/smeared. :)

Other wise, really good art! :thumbsup

*reppitied you :)*
Winter is Coming

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Thanks for the rep, and the advice. :)

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
You're welcome!

I like your art, I hope to see more soon! :D

Good luck!
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 75
Winged Wolf Creations
I think they both look wonderful, i'm not much for con-crit so sorry about that but beside the point- Alucard has always been my favorite anime character so I would have loved him regardless. Even if he was wearing a dress o.O

I like his sketch best though, im not much for computer art of good ol'fashioned handiness,  :zwink:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Thank you very much. ^_^

New pic of my rpg character, Ashelin.

Spoiler for:

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
the fingers are a bit round and stubby... Remember, that in art like this, going for "realism" just doesn't worK (trust me i have tried to make it work)... You have to slender things down quite a bit to make them look "right"
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Thank you very much. ^_^

Spoiler for:

very small hands comparatively to her head, also the body (palm/back, where the fingers come off) of the hand is extremely small on both hands, to make hands look right, the body of the hand should be half the size of the hand (fingers included!)

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Remember, that in art like this, going for "realism" just doesn't worK (trust me i have tried to make it work)...

I strongly disagree. If you feel like going for realism then you should by all means add as much in as you can. Also, what do you mean by "art like this"? RPG Maker characters? Anime-styled characters? There is no such thing as two elements that "don't work" when you're drawing people for various reasons if you feel comfortable making it and you feel proud over what you've accomplished. That said I should probably contribute something meaningful to this topic as well...

Girl-reaper
Spoiler for:
The angles on the hands are a bit off. You have a very good perspective going on with the feet and they're angled nicely, but it doesn't show on the rest of her body. Don't be afraid to add shadows to her skin to make her look more "3D"! The secret to making anything look lifelike is to add shadows to it that emphasize what part of the body is closest to the person looking at your drawing. The proportions here are rather good. I would suggest focusing more on the hands for now, since they require quite a bit of work to get to look just right!

Spoiler for:

There's a rather subtle shading going on here which is a shame. You shouldn't be afraid to go all-out with things you are a bit unsecure with for the moment, it'll benefit you greatly if you go all out with shading and try to come up with as much contrast as you can. It won't look very good but you'll see how much more "alive" the character seems to be. I don't know much about chibi-stuff so I can't really comment on that, but it's a very nice detail you put on the hat there. Remember that details are important :)

Spoiler for:

Welp, you've gone with a pretty bold pose here. For starters, the shading on the cloak is pretty good. It would seem like your light source is above her because of the outer rim of her cloak and her hair, so it shouldn't be too bright on the inside of her cloak. Minor detail, but it's worth noting. The shading on the sleeves seems a bit random and like it folds a bit too much. Most common clothing doesn't fold quite that much, it might be worth putting a bit more observation into that. The hands here are pretty good actually, just remember that the middle finger is to be a bit longer than the rest in most cases. There's also an odd bend on the thumb, but it's rather minor.

What's most confusing here, really, are the legs. Her right one, to be precise. Because her knee doesn't really seem to be round it appears to me as if her right leg is twice shorter than her left one! You should, as was stated, place a larger emphasis on where the knee is to put to make the leg seem more natural. The boots are rather well made though. I would personally recommend you not to draw an outline at where the foot starts as it sort of messes up the dynamics you have going here, but it's still a valid option for adding a greater depth of perspective into the drawing. Your proportions are in order as well, however the left arm seems a bit too tiny in comparison to the rest of her. All in all it's a very successful attempt at a bold pose.

Spoiler for:

Now this is a nice improvment! The hair does come off as a bit "metal-y" because of how you shaded it but that's alright if that's what you're comfortable with it looking like that. Normally light forms a circle around your hair like a halo when it reflects off it, giving people a shiny circle around it (This is obviously for long, straight hair. It works differently on short hair which is irrelevant right now). As NAM said before your hands are bit too small in comparison to the rest of her body, but it's not that bad really and easily passable. Lots of people have tiny hands, after all. I love how you've added more shading to the skin, she looks more alive than the others so far! The ruffles on her clothing are very well-made, even if the shading is a bit lacking in contrast.

I'd say you're making obvious improvements here and hope I've shed some help into how you can push your limits a bit more. Good luck!
:taco: :taco: :taco:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Thanks so much for the advice you guys. ^-^

I got a webcam recently, and I'd like to post some of my more traditional work, but the picture quality is kind of bad. :-[

Spoiler for:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Now we'll take a break from my crappy attempts at digital art to my crappy attempts at traditional art!

A wallet:
Spoiler for:

A cape:
Spoiler for:

A Japanese-style painting:
Spoiler for:

And a warrior....soldier....horse riding person. >.>
Spoiler for:

Updated.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:11:55 AM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
Ashelin's face and hair look really good. I'll wait to comment on the newer ones--it wouldn't be fair to critque half a picture.

I like how your digital stuff is turning out so far (and I also like your choice of digital drawing programs--Sai FTW).

Skanker hit on everything I saw, so I won't do a critique this time around.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
My take on the sleeping beauty fairies:
Spoiler for:

Rose:
Spoiler for:

Ribbon:
Spoiler for:

Jar:
Spoiler for:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Hands are pretty tough to draw, right? I'd say thats your biggest weakness in that drawing. I hate drawing hands; I always use mine as a "model" and have decent results after a few attempts.

There's something about the jar I enjoy. I can't put my finger on it, but I do enjoy it- except for the "drips" being underneath the cord at the top, minor detail.

The rose is good. I'm not sure about the shading on the leaves, but the lines are where they should be and the bloom is done well.

I'd have to say that the ribbon impressed me the least. I don't get fabric shading well, either, so I can't really say how I'd have done it differently, just that it is not convincing- it looks like more of a pattern- or perhaps the fault lies with me in not seeing it correctly?

:tinysmile:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, hands are hard for me for some reason. I'm trying to practice. It's hard to nail certain gestures.

The ribbon could possibly be done incorrectly. I drew it before I did any real fabric study. I was attempting to draw the ribbon here:http://farm1.static.flickr.com/48/249878316_3ba9bd439a.jpg
(And uh....I haven't read shojo manga in years, in case anyone was wondering. *cough* >.>')

Also, I updated the pics in my earlier post, but it was a long time ago, so I'll throw them up here in case anyone missed them.

A wallet:
Spoiler for:

A cape:
Spoiler for:

A Japanese-style painting:
Spoiler for:

And a warrior....soldier....horse riding person. >_>
Spoiler for:

(And just to save you guys the trouble, I get that Unnamed Soldier No. 4 © 's hands are also messed up, along with his perspective, and the hood, and a lot of other things I don't feel like going into. It's a really old pic, but I just felt like putting it up.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 05:33:27 PM by Acolyte »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Wow, Aco, I really dig the Japanese painting. It looks fairly authentic! Nice job on the wallet, too- like the jar, there's something about it which is appealing.

Keep practicing hands. I mean like, entire pages worth. See if you can't get one of those wooden hand models, the ones with all the articulations. They're pricey, but worth it from what I'm told. Annotate your hands- what works, what doesn't- and you will get it.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
It's probably the contrast in the shading. I like it too. One of the problems I had when I was younger was to draw things too lightly. If I go all out with the darkening, it looks a lot better.

I actually got an offer for that painting once. They never came to get it, though, which I'm okay with, because it's a cool wall decoration.

They have hand models? I might look into that. I've wanted one of those... ah crap, what's the word? It has a name, those wooden mannequin things that you can pose? I almost bought one once, and then I didn't, and now I can't find them again. I might just look online.

Update, more art dump.

Spoiler for:

This is a reproduction of Ginevra de Benci I did for a contest. The shawl is supposed to be pasta (it was part of the contest). It was extremely rushed, as I had to make a deadline. The hair and face got the worst of it. I got the face shadow the wrong color, and nothing I put over it would cover it up, so she looks sorta corpse-like because of it. ._.

Another more minor detail, there was a little tower in the background that I really liked. I had to trim the painting down to fit on the matting, so the tower got kinda cut in half.  ;9

Spoiler for:

A picture of a statue I have in my bedroom.

Spoiler for:

And a statue from the living room.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:26:35 AM by Acolyte »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

Something I didn't get a chance to finish, because my SAI trial ran out and wouldn't let me save it. :x
I might try to re-outline it and finish it later.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I maded a this thing

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
It's cute! I giggled, I confess...

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Acolyte has chibi'd herself. o_o I don't think I've ever seen a cuter thing in my life.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I was bored, so I made a marker doodle of Dave from Homestuck.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

Oh look, a boo! Not sure if it counts as "art", but hey, it took a while to make, and it's squishy! It's crocheted and stuffed with polyfill. His teeth aren't glued on yet, but they will be soon.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I made a duster.

It took the better part of 3 months to knit. Still need to put bias tape on it and put an actual button on the little tabs.

Rep:
Level 57
Destroy all the monsters...
I made a duster.

It took the better part of 3 months to knit. Still need to put bias tape on it and put an actual button on the little tabs.

@Ashley,

You did very well, Like Rinoa Outfit - -- right?  ;8

See ya' later  8)
Click me, if wanna see more charas.-->
Spoiler for:

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
BEAUTIFUL! 

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Thanks for the compliments you guys :B

Here's my first evar attempt at animation!

Needs some fixing, and maybe some more frames, but I'm pretty excited with the results.  ;8

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
That looks lovely :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, it's nice, but from which direction is the wind coming? The hair on the left side of her head is moving to the left and the hair on the right side of her head is moving to the right. This is especially noticeable with the bang on the right side of her face (which moves left) immediately adjacent to another strand of hair that moves to the right.

I think all of the hair should be moving in one direction, but otherwise the animation looks quite smooth and natural.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I was trying to make it like the wind was blowing directly in her face. I agree, it looks sorta off.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I did some more crocheting:

It's eventually going to be a longer gauntlet-like fingerless glove, but it makes a pretty cool wrist thing like this.

Edit: Here's the finished glove:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:58:19 AM by Clopin »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I made a princess crown for my niece.

Still deciding what to make nephew.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
adorable ^_^  I saw a pattern for a dragon beanie not to long ago. o.o  Maybe something like that?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I did decide to go with something dragon related.

Kinda.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
That is so cute, I can't get over it.  Looove it!

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
I made a duster.

you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

Wasn't going to post a full pic until it was completely finished (still need skirt buttons).

Also, damn. That skirt is not flattering at all.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

Adult version with the correct colors

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII

Aha, wow thats awesome!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Thanks. I made a potholder today :B

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
How do you make this O_O

Josh actually said he wanted a dovahkin hat just because yours looks cool :o

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
It's not too hard. You just need a hook and some yarn and some patience.

Here's a tarot bag that I'm sending yuyu.

And here's part of a Haunter. I ran out of yarn so he's not finished. ;9

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

I would totally wear that at work one day if I had one...lmao that is awesome.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I could make you one at a reasonable price.

Also here's another thing I made.

Thinking about making it into a pillow or an ottoman or something later.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Make it into a pillow :D it looks cool. :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Trying to get back into traditional art again. I'm a little rusty, so be prepared for craptasticness.

How is babby drawn

(reff'd from here)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
The face ended up a bit low on the skull, but fantastic otherwise.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Thanks. Yeah, I should probably practice some contour sketching.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
That's really good o.o holy wow! :ladyj:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Having a hard time being motivated to draw.

I did a few quick practice things.

Here's an anatomy/posing practice

And here's a cupcake :V

You can sorta tell I got bored with it at the point where I started the cupcake liner paper thing. ohwells
Anybody have any drawing suggestions?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I tried to do a thumbs up, I failed ;9

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
cupcaaaake  :yuyu:

lol, it was actually mostly using mouse still. Gonna take a while to get used to tablet. :X

Edit: apparently the tablet settings were just messed up. It's very nice now :D

used a vx template as a test http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/PentagonBuddy/RPG%2520Maker/face003.png

Spoiler for SUPER ULTRA QUICKIE COLOR GO:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 05:42:38 AM by Acolyte »

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9

used a vx template as a test http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/PentagonBuddy/RPG%2520Maker/face003.png

Spoiler for SUPER ULTRA QUICKIE COLOR GO:

Super cute! Only one big problem I can pick out.... She hath no eyebrows  :-\

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Lol, what a weird thing to forget. I guess it was kinda late and I was just really excited I finally got the tablet to work. :P

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
What tablet are you using? And what drawing program? I don't think you've mentioned that.

Who needs eyebrows?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I got a bamboo splash, which is one of the cheapest ones. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on something I might not like. (or rather, I didn't want my mom to spend that much. She got it as a christmas gift and I opened it already because I'm a bad person. :V)

I used paint tool SAI to draw that. It's the only thing I can get to register the pressure sensitivity right now.

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Who needs eyebrows?

No eyebrows, no expressions. Yuyu got a poster of a fairy a long long time back and it only had one eyebrow, ever since then its something I look for....  :drmc:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Here's a penguin. He doesn't have eyebrows either. ;9

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I got a bamboo splash, which is one of the cheapest ones. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on something I might not like. (or rather, I didn't want my mom to spend that much. She got it as a christmas gift and I opened it already because I'm a bad person. :V)

I used paint tool SAI to draw that. It's the only thing I can get to register the pressure sensitivity right now.

I have a bamboo connect and fucking love it.  As far as pressure goes, did you install the drivers?  I can tell you from experience that installing the official drivers made a world of difference in terms of pressure and line smoothness in Photoshoop for me.

Cool stuff, btw, don't want to forget that!  You should have a tumblr or something that we can follow :o

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I made a baby yoshi hat for john's niece.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Panda hat. Debating whether or not to add eyes and nose.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 07:17:51 PM by Acolyte »