RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Zero (looking for a composer)

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
Avid Procrastinator
Yo I'm looking for a composer for a project of mine
Here are some details about the project If you need them

Story:

In the year 20XX the world is in mortal peril.  Lady Juni, a mysterious girl from a place called Gaia, has been sent to gain the aid of the 'great one' Travis in hopes of finding the Nexus gate and protecting the planet from the Evil Esper known as 'Dias', who is planning to reduce the Earth to nothing but ashes.  Unfortunately Travis wants no part of it, and finds that the Nexus will much harder to find than she anticipated.  But by a turn of luck Juli manages to convince Travis to help her. And with the help of his latent psychic powers and the help of some friends they meet along the way, they might have a chance at saving the world from Dias.

World:

Earth
The game takes place in a fictional version of the Earth. Where everyday life goes on but the planet is plagued with dangerous monsters because of Dias' influence. These monsters can range from trash cans to Robots.

The Story revolves around these ten Regions
Resville
A small region mostly made up of forests and plains. This is Travis's home town and where the game starts. (It has a lot in common with where I'm from)
Crysil
This region is larger than Resville and a lot colder. This city is nicknamed Ice city or Cold Valley. Most of the residents here live near the city than the outskirts.
Sandust
An arid and hot region surrounded by, just as its name says, sand and dust. Monsters are abundant in this area and tend to appear in the city every now and then.
Starlite
This area has an Massive city surrounded by a large gate and small trees. A monster has never been seen around Starlite.
Terron
A rocky area with a small village atop a mountain and a small town below. People visit the village rarely by foot but instead they take a plane up to the top.
Yuriko
This area is based off of Tokyo and Chinatown and It contains large buildings and Skyscrapers. Many people live in this region.
Soladad
A sunny tropical region where many people go for their vacations and few go for anything else. There is also an annual parade held there.
Mystec
A mysterious place that's not located on any map or for that be found easily.
Merica
Another large urban area which looks a lot like a big city in the US.
 [/spoiler]

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

My map of Resville

Some more of Resville

Some of Mystec

One of the Battle systems

Characters

Travis (You can name in the game)
Bio: Travis is an all around procrastinator and rarely gets things people tell him to do done. He spends most of his time playing his guitar or eating. Travis is a latent psychokinetic and has no clue about it.

Mike Ferner
Bio: Mike is basically an old tough guy. He loves to fight but knows when to run away from a battle. Mike has no Psychic power what so ever but to make up for that he is incredibly good at boxing

Juni
Bio: A mysterious girl from the land of Gaia. Juni is a thinker but her plans usually tend to fail but she manages to pull through.

Sam Tomson
Bio: Sam is a tomboy through and through, she loves to play baseball and she's considered a delinquent at school. She's friends with Travis plays with him in a band they called Psycho. Sam is fully aware of her Psychic powers and has learned how to use them but she hasn't told Travis about them yet

Mitsu Haragi
Bio:Mitsu is a boy from Yuriko and he can be considered as a hothead since it's easy to tick him off, even with the smallest insult. Mitsu has no Pyschic ability but he is able to compensate for it with his sword skill

Herald Fredricks
Bio: Herald is son of Gerald Fredricks a world renowned scientist/inventor, who is one of the smartest men on earth.  Herald plans to not only rival his father but exceed him. Herald knows full and well about his psychic powers but he usually doesn't use them.
Group Pose!

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Hey, I write music, I've got a sample here that I've used in my own project. Take a listen, but as far as theme, I'm assuming you're looking for an almost ominous sound throughout your maps right? Note that the sample I added is a MIDI file so it will be orchestrated through your RM instrument cache and will sound different than if you play it through Windows Media Player.