RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] World's Dawn (Spring + Summer)

Rep:
Level 84
Winner - 2010 Autumn Project of the Season
The day is here! The complete spring season of World's Dawn is ready to play!

Download
(74.2 MB)

It's still not the finished game, but will certainly give you more than a basic idea of what to expect. Not much will change about the game mechanically besides further content being added for summer, fall, and winter.

Please try out the season and let me know what you think! Your feedback as a player is what keeps me going, and what makes the hundreds (probably thousands, honestly) of hours developing entirely worth it. I really tried to make something outside the box when it comes to RPG Maker projects and I hope those efforts are appreciated.

Thank you to everyone for your support and your passion! Let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions regarding the spring season. Otherwise... enjoy your new life in Sugar Blossom Village!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 03:13:38 PM by Sagitar »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That's great news. I'm downloading now!

Rep:
Level 84
Just in case anyone is interested, I posted a fancy mouseover comparison over at my blog to show off just how different World's Dawn looks now compared to the demo that was released way back in 2010. I was just looking at the graphics from that demo (not to mention how little gameplay was included) and laughing about how far the project has come.

Here's another quick comparison of my title screens!

Pretty cool! I've also fixed a few bugs in the most recent download, so if you haven't given the spring season a shot, what the heck are you waiting for?  ;D I would really appreciate some feedback. Thank you, as always!

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
Hullo there!

I have downloaded World's Dawn, and have been able to squeeze in some time walking around. I can't concretely say much about the whole farming/dating stuff, but I can give you some early thoughts. Thus! Some musings:

- I love the overall charm. If people are looking for zen in games, this one certainly offers serenity and relaxation. I mean, without farmers, the heroes in other games couldn't get their milk 'n apples now could they? The art is wonderful and feels fresh, especially compared to the standard rtp files out there.

- I found getting tired in-game is both good and bad: bad, for I want to keep speeding everywhere. Good, because when you are far away from home, just run around and you'll automatically go back to your house.

- The laughing of people is cute :)

- I found it a little tedious having to introduce myself to everyone as a first mission. I haven't found them all yet, and I forgot which ones I already talked to. So I'm still busy with that one...

- Hey, crabs dive into the sand when you get near. Nice touch!

- Hot springs are cool. Or, hot, really. Nakedness!

That's it for now. I hope to play again some more soon.
My project:

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like the charm of the game, it's definitely important to get that sense across. The gameplay isn't exciting in the way that battles, etc. are, but it's meant to lull you into a slow-paced routine and be a little more relaxing than the average RPG.

I appreciate your comments on the little touches (like the crabs digging into the sand and the little bits voice acting) because I spend a lot of time on those! Glad you enjoyed them.

I hope to hear more of your thoughts as you play more of the game! Thanks again  :)

Rep:
Level 84
Hey everyone  ;D

If you've had a chance to play World's Dawn (even if you haven't finished it yet) I would really appreciate your feedback! I set up a quick 10-question survey here:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YQS8F6C

This will definitely help with the development of future seasons. The more responses I get, the better the rest of the game will be! Thanks for your support either way, hopefully everyone is enjoying the spring.

Rep:
Level 84
Hey everyone!
It's been a long time since I posted here (and I'm not sure there are any fans of World's Dawn still around these parts  :-\) but I'm happy to announce the summer season was just released! With 15+ hours of gameplay in a compact 83 MB download, this chapter essentially doubles the amount of content available.

Download the summer season!

Anyone who played through spring is able to transfer their progress over to the new season by copying all of the Entry files from inside the old Diary folder over to the new one. Let me know if you run into any issues!

I'm still looking for feedback, as I'm getting pretty deep into development for the upcoming autumn and winter seasons. Once the full game is released, you'll be able to loop back around to spring and continue your story for a theoretically infinite playtime.

I hope to hear some thoughts from the wonderful members of this community! Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoy the summer season  :D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That's awesome Sagitar! I'll have to download it soon.