RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX/VXA] Small and simple TileSet C edits.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
BBCode FTW!
Please don't flame me becuase it fails, lol, It's actually my first attempt at editing a small scale picture. Spoiler one is the picture you can take if you like, Spoiler two shows whats edited and spoiler 3 shows the original.

Spoiler for:
- Not very many edits but might be usefull.
Spoiler for:
- Just displaying whats edited! (For some reason the fire didn't show up in the bottom one!
Spoiler for:
- The original.

>>PLEASE NOTE<<
The textures were done by me on paint.net, I did use the same fire texture for each one, and they may not look impressive but they will probably come in useful.

The black background problem is fixed. My subdomain that I was using for my site(.ucoz.com) didn't support PNG so changed it to JPG adding a black background.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:59:42 PM by modern algebra »

Dream: >Demo: V-1.1< >Game: 8%<
MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
You need to use an actual image editor of sorts to do this, the quality of these images (as in the compression of the images themselves) is horrid, it's full of artifacts and the black won't be removed properly when trying to use them.

It can't be all fuzzy like that, it needs to be clear and sharp.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

BBCode FTW!
What do you suggest? I'm using paint.net at the moment

The black background is becuase of the website convertion. I need a proper website to upload to. Know any that you don't need to sign up to use?

MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

Tyaela is always here.
imageshack.com

your edits are cool, please reupload them. =)

BBCode FTW!
There's not many, but they are some I thought people might need, becuase I couldn't find any fireplaces containing fire or water buckets containing water or windows with curtains shut. I'll re-upload them now.
[Edit]
Re-uploaded to imageshack and they're all useable now!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:42:10 AM by trappingnoobs »

MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

Rep:
Level 89
Please, no offense, but these are really bad...  :-\
Regards,
Mike

BBCode FTW!
I know, I can't buy photoshop and gimp won't download so I'm using paint.net.

They're useful, but not exactly great quality.

MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
the problem with the edits, is that if you want to use them, you can't use the originals... Your edits would be better if you could choose...

But, frankly, I think you should look at some of the rtp water tiles with the bricks or whatnot, you can still see the rest of the detail, but it is darker with white highlights scattered about to indicate that it is filled with water.

And the curtains? Well, it just doesn't look right, mostly because of the crossbar being so solid... It needs to be the same colors as the window, with no outline (VX rtp has no outlines, only shadows)

And, frankly, the fireplace fires aren't necessary because you can put an animated fire event there, which would look nicer than a static image of fire.

You have the right idea, you just need to make them seem more like the RTP (and yes, this can be done on the programs you listed... I mean, I do all my spriting in paint.exe)
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.