RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
*scripter found* monster creation

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Monster Creation

Summary
Basically I would like the player to be able to go to a certain npc and give them certain items, which are then combined to make a monster.  The player can then either keep the monster, in which case it would be added to their party, or they can leave it, in which case they don't get back the items they used to make it, and they don't get the monster.

Features Desired
  • three different item types must be combined to make a monster
  • it's a npc you talk to to load the script, similar to item synthesis scripts
  • there's three slots where you put the items and they must be filled with a specific type of item.  for example, the first slot is a "element" slot, where you can only put an "element item" the second slot is a weapon slot, where you can only put a weapon, etc.
  • each combination makes a specific monster, it's not random.
  • when you make a monster, you can either choose to take it along with you, or you leave it behind. if you take it with you, it's added to your party (it becomes a character in your group).
  • when a monster is made, before you choose, you can see its stats, it's name and a picture of it.
  • lastly, each item has an image assigned to it, so when it's selected as one of the "creation components", you see it not as a sprite but as a picture.

Mockups

If anyone needs incentive other then just helping me out, I'm willing to pay $100 for the script, but in that case I want it for my project exclusively.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 06:14:13 PM by passededge »

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Well if you are paying, I'll do it exclusively for your game then.

Someone's actually taken this one on, sorry about that :P There will be other scripts I'd like to commission programmers for however if you're interested.  I have the post here http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,39119.msg454146.html#msg454146

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Well that's sad to hear. I was almost done with with it too. It was just missing the the leveling curve creator and Extra Actor feature.

Wow, that looks nice! You could always release it for the community I guess.  Would you be interested at all in me hiring you for future scripts?

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
I don't really make public scripts anymore. I just fill requests for game specific scripts.

And yes, I am interested in working. Just PM me the details of what you need.