RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Creating an Item Menu (2k3)

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
Where is fancy bred? In the heart or in the head?
This is my code so far.
What it does:
I push 2 and it takes me to the menu, changes sprite for all of half a second then changes back. Sprite is glued to the floor.
What I WANT it to do:
Free movement around menu, clicking on items will allow you to equip them to various buttons. Pushing 2 in menu will take you back to where you were just standing.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was going to code the items as event with a simple choice and that choice affect my abs system already in place, as in clicking on the sword gives you a choice of applying it to 3 or 4. But that can't work if I can't move. No idea why, the tileset is made so you can move on it.
It's all crazy
It's all false
It's all a dream
It's alright

Rep:
Level 76
Interested RMKR
Do you have an autorun event on the map? That will often freeze up any movement on the map. Set a "terminate event" or "end event" (forget what it's called in 2k3) or better yet, make the event a parallel process

Yeah, I've yet to get an auto run to work. However this one is already being run as a parallel process.
It's all crazy
It's all false
It's all a dream
It's alright

Rep:
Level 76
Interested RMKR
Can you send me a demo? I'd like to see for myself what's going on.

Sure, I'm creating the game disk, but how would you like me to send it? Maybe you can figure out why all my titles turn out blue too.
It's all crazy
It's all false
It's all a dream
It's alright

Rep:
Level 76
Interested RMKR
PM it to me if you don't want it public.

otherwise, when posting, use the additional options to attatch a file.

Ok, so for some reason whenever I try to attach it to this, it just doesn't do anything. So I'll attempt a pm.

Also, as you will notice, my title screen is very off in color. I copy and pasted onto one of the generic titles because if I don't the picture is black, however if I do then the picture has some weird tint to it. Any ideas on why?
It's all crazy
It's all false
It's all a dream
It's alright

Rep:
Level 76
Interested RMKR
Ok, so for some reason whenever I try to attach it to this, it just doesn't do anything. So I'll attempt a pm.

Also, as you will notice, my title screen is very off in color. I copy and pasted onto one of the generic titles because if I don't the picture is black, however if I do then the picture has some weird tint to it. Any ideas on why?

That's weird... maybe it's your computer but I'll check and see if there's anything changing it. Might be a corrupt file too.

So the menu works for the most part, except for now, whenever you have ABS switched on the sprite will change for one second then change right back. Not sure why, especially since the sword abs is turned off by the item menu and does not affect (in the code) the item menu. Also, once you have an item in the menu and put it to the 3 button it does the same thing. I can't find anything in the code that would be doing this...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 02:09:28 AM by romscho »
It's all crazy
It's all false
It's all a dream
It's alright