RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] Formation

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
i would like to request a script that lets me set the party's formation like, i want actor 1 to be swapped with actor 4
or 3 but on the map it stays the same actor even if the first actor is actor 4.
and you can set the actor's image to the left centered or to the right.
letting him be in attack , normal or defesif position .

exemple:

in menu

Item
Status
Equipment
Formation->(little window)Position
                                      stance

games it was in:
every final fantasy i guess.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Modern Algebra's Integrated Reserve Party. With some configuration and crafty eventing, you could fix the character graphic to the one you want (e.g a Parallel Process Common Event).

OriginalWij's lawn. Check out the one called row changer.

It's not exactly what you want, since it doesn't combine the two, but it's pretty close.

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
i know those two scripts already but it's not what i want (to much changes to be made for me)

EDIT: here's a link to a japanese demo that does almost what i want, but  i can't seem to find the script i need and how to insert it into my menu.
if anyone would like to take a look that would be great ^^

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wmmq1todyuz

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
hrm... In order to use it, it seems you need the custom menu base that is included...

I tried to run some of it through a translator and got an error, but this worked out fine (due to it not being coded)

== notice ==
 #
 #    * Custom Menu Base is necessary in operation of this script.
#    * Calling subcommand from subcommand it is not possible.
#    * It is not possible to select the actor from subcommand.
#
#  --------------------------------------------------------------------------
#   == usage ==
#
#    * The # which indicates subcommand Setting
# of the item processing of Custom MenuBase
#    '%start_subcommand_selection (subcommand ID)'
#       '%start_subcommand_selection (subcommand ID and s_index)'
#     * The part of the 0 of COMMANDS
  • which is set with setting of subcommand = {} is ID.

#     * When 2nd argument is designated as s_index, it selects the actor.

I hope that helps a bit... Also, I am in the process of getting this to be in english, but it will take time...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
hrm... In order to use it, it seems you need the custom menu base that is included...

I tried to run some of it through a translator and got an error, but this worked out fine (due to it not being coded)

== notice ==
 #
 #    * Custom Menu Base is necessary in operation of this script.
#    * Calling subcommand from subcommand it is not possible.
#    * It is not possible to select the actor from subcommand.
#
#  --------------------------------------------------------------------------
#   == usage ==
#
#    * The # which indicates subcommand Setting
# of the item processing of Custom MenuBase
#    '%start_subcommand_selection (subcommand ID)'
#       '%start_subcommand_selection (subcommand ID and s_index)'
#     * The part of the 0 of COMMANDS
  • which is set with setting of subcommand = {} is ID.

#     * When 2nd argument is designated as s_index, it selects the actor.

I hope that helps a bit... Also, I am in the process of getting this to be in english, but it will take time...

Thanks a lot ^^

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Ok, it seems to be all in order, I just need to upload it... Be back in a few.

EDIT: Ok, I included the script database as the attachment. Just put that into a new project, and copy the scripts from there...

I only included the necessary items and scripts... Umm... Oh! I didn't translate all of it, but I did translate everything that the player will see...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 02:44:10 AM by Sashikinaroji »
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
thanks i'll check it out, even tho i wanted some one to separate the script from the common menu one ^^
and make it so it would be usable alone :)
but maybe now i can figure it out myself ^^
thanks

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
sorry... I would have no clue how to fix that... but good luck.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Hello everyone ^_^
Within this system, is it possible to somehow check if a certain character is in the front position? i.e. if character id 3 is in position 1, then a certain event can happen. (like a conditional branch for actor position). maybe it could be done with variables - like, have the first position be a variable, and when character id 1 is in the first position in the party, variable = 1, etc. I wouldn't know how to modify any script or even make a new one, hence my asking ^_^

Also, Is there a way to strip this script of the 'front middle back' positions, if I was only interested in the order of the actors in the party (for the reason above)? Or maybe that could be a stand-alone script somewhere itself? -goes to search- EDIT: I can't find a stand alone script anywhere that does just this. should I request one? well, I'll wait until I hear what you fine people have to say about my inquiry.

EDIT again, I figured it out. Thanks tho ^_^
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 03:43:50 PM by hikomarukun »
RPMG2k forever!

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
Within this system, is it possible to somehow check if a certain character is in the front position? i.e. if character id 3 is in position 1, then a certain event can happen. (like a conditional branch for actor position). maybe it could be done with variables - like, have the first position be a variable, and when character id 1 is in the first position in the party, variable = 1, etc. I wouldn't know how to modify any script or even make a new one, hence my asking ^_^

Also, Is there a way to strip this script of the 'front middle back' positions, if I was only interested in the order of the actors in the party (for the reason above)? Or maybe that could be a stand-alone script somewhere itself? -goes to search- EDIT: I can't find a stand alone script anywhere that does just this. should I request one? well, I'll wait until I hear what you fine people have to say about my inquiry.

EDIT again, I figured it out. Thanks tho ^_^

Could you post a demo please?

Hello everyone ^_^
Why, certainly sir. I will do it tonight after I get off of work and settle in. What I have is just for party order, and it's not totally customizable. All it is, is if you press the L (default q) button, the party leader is send to the back of the party, and the 2nd position person takes his/her place, etc.

So lets say you have 4 people in your party - 1 2 3 4, you can also have 2 3 4 1, 3 4 1 2, 4 1 2 3. However, you can not have, say 2 4 1 3, or 1 3 4 2. I also found the code to check for 'if actor[id] is in the lead position' to place in a conditional branch. This isn't what you had in the OP, but is this what you would like the demo of?

EDIT: here's the link to the demo. Let me know if something is wrong (this is my first demo, I hope all goes swimmingly!! ^_^)

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ew276wu71k9jth <-- DEMOOOOOO!!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 11:03:52 PM by hikomarukun »
RPMG2k forever!

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
Why, certainly sir. I will do it tonight after I get off of work and settle in. What I have is just for party order, and it's not totally customizable. All it is, is if you press the L (default q) button, the party leader is send to the back of the party, and the 2nd position person takes his/her place, etc.

So lets say you have 4 people in your party - 1 2 3 4, you can also have 2 3 4 1, 3 4 1 2, 4 1 2 3. However, you can not have, say 2 4 1 3, or 1 3 4 2. I also found the code to check for 'if actor[id] is in the lead position' to place in a conditional branch. This isn't what you had in the OP, but is this what you would like the demo of?

EDIT: here's the link to the demo. Let me know if something is wrong (this is my first demo, I hope all goes swimmingly!! ^_^)

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ew276wu71k9jth <-- DEMOOOOOO!!!
dead link

Hello everyone ^_^
Here is an updated link - I guess I expected you to check this out about 3 months ago. But all is in working order with the demo (just retested it) and let me know if you have any questions! ^_^

http://www.mediafire.com/?nf086846o88o2jo
RPMG2k forever!

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
Here is an updated link - I guess I expected you to check this out about 3 months ago. But all is in working order with the demo (just retested it) and let me know if you have any questions! ^_^

http://www.mediafire.com/?nf086846o88o2jo
yh i know sorry for that, thanks i'll test it tonight (in class now -_-' )

Hello everyone ^_^
OK - Please let me know how it goes when you try it!
RPMG2k forever!

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
OK - Please let me know how it goes when you try it!
tried it but not what i mean, it shouldn't change the players appearance  only the order in menu and battles