RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Extra "Turns" in Battle [rm2k]

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is any way to change it so that when in a battle in rm2k, it isn't so strictly turn based. For example, remember FFX? It was a turn based system, but some characters were "faster" than others, and got their turns quicker. It seems that in rm2k, each enemy gets exactly 1 turn for every one of yours. I really want to make it so that "heavy" weapons slow down your turns. I looked into using rm2k3, but I just hate the graphics for the "side view" battles. And, while I'm not bad at custom graphics, I don't have the time or patience to make a full set of custom graphics for my character. If there is no way to change it in rm2k, I might just have to suck it up and switch my game over to 2k3.

As a side note: Am I the only one that thinks the graphics in rm2k are better than all of the other programs?
An nation's brave captain must choose between his morality, and what he knows is right.
A village handyman on the run must learn fast the way of the sword, or die by it.
A farmer's daughter is captured, abused, turned into a mad woman.
A ruthless queen is forced to kill her own people to save thousands of lives.

Yeah my game is gonna be cool. I'm still learning, though. :)

Rep:
Level 76
Interested RMKR
Agility is a modifier effecting how fast your ATB goes. Although, if I remember correctly, you need a massive level of agi to make a significant change. Just make your weapons give negative agility

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Yes that's fine in rm2k3, but it doesn't work in rm2k.

I guess maybe I'll try and find a summary of the differences between the two programs. My main gripe is that the side-on battle system in 2k3 looks awful! Face sets look retarded. And it's really hard to find images of monsters 'side-on'. But hey, maybe I could just import the monsters from rm2k, and get rid of the "hero" animations all together.
An nation's brave captain must choose between his morality, and what he knows is right.
A village handyman on the run must learn fast the way of the sword, or die by it.
A farmer's daughter is captured, abused, turned into a mad woman.
A ruthless queen is forced to kill her own people to save thousands of lives.

Yeah my game is gonna be cool. I'm still learning, though. :)