RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Battle Animation Speed

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Hi! I'm not trying to be a leech since I don't normally post here, but I couldn't find an answer at RPG Maker VX.net which is a great community, but I've looked on google and found this site, I searched hbgames and they didn't have it. I'm not even sure if I need a script but if I can just edit the default scripts.

Anyways, the Battle Animations are too slow to me, and I want to know if you can change the frames per second it plays them. I was looking at the script database here and saw one for the animated tiles, but can it be done for the battle animations? I'm starting to think it's not possible.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, it's possible, but the animations are already at 15fps..
In any case, go to line 56 of Sprite_Base and change:

Code: [Select]
    @animation_duration = @animation.frame_max * 4 + 1

Change the 4 to 2, so:

@animation_duration = @animation.frame_max * 2 + 1

Then go to line 36 and change:

if @animation_duration % 4 == 0

change the 4 to 2 there as well, so:

if @animation_duration % 2 == 0

That would change animation speed to 30 FPS.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Thank you!! I also had to go to line 142 and change that 4 to a 2 but it works now great!

If I can I'll contribute to rmrk