RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Delete me!

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
Allons-y, Alonso!
Remake FFXI?

At first glance it probably looks like a terrible idea.  Lots of the features that made FFXI such a unique MMORPG will be lost due to the fact that it may not be online and/or some features cannot be remade with rpgmakerxp.  But I think it could still be a decent game even without certain features.

Going to take a lot of work and stufflez.
I really liked the game and I was just wondering if maybe I could remake it, using music from the game, FFXI model Viewer Screens, etc..

I'm not sure this is even legal, of course I wouldn't be selling the game though.

It's really not much of a project right now.  I've fooled around with a couple of things, all look "Decent".

Skills, Items, and Armor wouldn't be a big stretch, granted some will not be available or possible.

Positions:
Collaborator
-- General Knowledge of RPGMXP and FFXI, someone who can likely help troubleshoot.
Scripter
-- I do not know how to script... anything

If ANYONE wants to help that would be great, but if no one does I understand.
I'm not asking for lots of people, just curious if anyone, maybe like 2-3 people, want to jump on board with me on this one.
I don't plan on it being Online, which does complicate things, but I believe that it can be made into a SIMILAR single player.

Experience with the game would be needed.  I played for 4-5 years, I know the game..... mostly. 

This site will be of great help to the "Project":

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page  ------ Lot's here.  Items - Skills - Jobs - Armor - Monsters, pretty much a database.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 06:53:08 AM by Kenpachi11 »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Allons-y, Alonso!
Hahahahahhahahahaaa

INDEED!

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
oh shit nigger
what are you doing
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
If it's a shitty idea, why are you doin' it, homeskillet?

I swear, this place is turning into NoNewbs.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Allons-y, Alonso!
If it's a shitty idea, why are you doin' it, homeskillet?

I swear, this place is turning into NoNewbs.

Kus it JUST might work with hard work and determination!

Rawwwr!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
You think you're going to make a 3d FFXI re-creation with RPG Maker?

Allons-y, Alonso!
You think you're going to make a 3d FFXI re-creation with RPG Maker?

OH heeeeeeell no!

Although some of the stuff I am thinking of using IS 3d and all other stuff will be sprites.  I know this would look pretty bad.  I dunno maybe I'll try and trace the 3d pictures make it look like someone drew it haha.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Although some of the stuff I am thinking of using IS 3d and all other stuff will be sprites.  I know this would look pretty bad.  I dunno maybe I'll try and trace the 3d pictures make it look like someone drew it haha.

If you have any desire to make this project work with 3d, be prepared to forsake RPG Maker and learn how to program for real.

Allons-y, Alonso!
Of course,
It would be stupid of me to think RPG maker has 3d capabilities.

I plan on taking some courses when I go off to college on programming soooo... yay for that

Allons-y, Alonso!
Hi,
I need some help
Can anyone help me make some sprites based off the 5 races of FFXI?

I know it might be asking alot but it would be really tight if we could have some original sprites in the game.

I am currently working on the maps, skills, npcs, classes, items, armor, and the story i guess.
In case you were wondering, "What is this kid doing for the project?"

Ill post some reference pictures if anyone wants to try, ^_^

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
RPG Maker actually does have 3D capabilities; it's just not practical.

Allons-y, Alonso!
yeah well im not really looking for a 3d game... i want the 2d classic video just using everything from FFXI
the only reason i said I'm using some "3d" is because the battlers are 3d renders of the character models in game

I really could use a sprite artist though