RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Pay for graphic packs?

Poll

ould you pay for graphic packs of 5-10 creatures, characters, etc. for commercial use in your game?

I'd pay $5!
0 (0%)
I'd pay $10!
0 (0%)
I'd pay $15!
1 (16.7%)
I'm generous, I'd pay $20!
0 (0%)
I'd never pay anything!
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
I had an idea and I wanted to get some feedback before I decided whether or not to put it into motion.

Basically the question is would anyone pay money to download packs of quality monsters, characters, weapons, etc. for use in their game? They would have full rights to use the graphics in commercial projects.

A vote on the poll would be great, and if someone wouldn't pay for it, a comment with a reason why would be great =)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 09:45:43 PM by passededge »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Nope.

I'd make 'em myself. It's more fufilling knowing that all the work you did was done by yourself. Or at least your team.

That's true, there's a lot of people who would prefer doing it themselves.  This would be more for people who don't have great drawing or graphics skills but don't want to spend $60+ hiring someone.

Nope.

I'd make 'em myself. It's more fufilling knowing that all the work you did was done by yourself. Or at least your team.

and I just realized that there was never a vote option for "no"! Sorry about that, if you could vote no that would be awesome XD

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
For $20? If I had no other choice, and I felt the quality of the project was really important to me, and there was a possibility of making a little cash off of the project, then yes.
If it was just for kicks, or non-profit, I'd probably only be willing to spend 5 or 10.
I can't make them myself, so yeah.

Similarly, if someone asked me for music for their non-profit, just for kicks game, I couldn't possibly suggest charging them for the work. I wouldn't turn money away, though.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:24:32 PM by Arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

For $20? If I had no other choice, and I felt the quality of the project was really important to me, and there was a possibility of making a little cash off of the project, then yes.
If it was just for kicks, or non-profit, I'd probably only be willing to spend 5 or 10.
I can't make them myself, so yeah.

Similarly, if someone asked me for music for their non-profit, just for kicks game, I couldn't possibly suggest charging them for the work. I wouldn't turn money away, though.

That's a good point, I didn't think about those who are doing it just for fun.  This was an idea I had because I'm spending so much on my own project, I thought it would be nice for other developers to have an alternate option.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Basically the question is would anyone pay money to download packs of quality monsters, characters, weapons, etc. for use in their game? They would have full rights to use the graphics in commercial projects.

For RPG Maker?  No.  I would never pay for a graphics pack for RPG Maker.
Why?
I can program, I make RPG Maker games for fun, not as serious projects, not as commercial projects, so it's a loss to buy resources with money that isn't going to be recouped.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

It wouldn't be specifically for rpg maker no, but that's a good point.  If their project is worked on just for fun I doubt anyone would put any money into it.  And specifically if you have a talent, such as program like yourself, I imagine it's a lot easier to team up with someone rather then pay them for graphics.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
It wouldn't be specifically for rpg maker no, but that's a good point.  If their project is worked on just for fun I doubt anyone would put any money into it.  And specifically if you have a talent, such as program like yourself, I imagine it's a lot easier to team up with someone rather then pay them for graphics.

or just do it all myself.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon