RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Modern-looking game

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Hi

I was wondering if anyone of you could suggest me a 2d game to get some tileset from. It should be modern, with stuff like modern cities, buildings and so on. I have found many resources but if I could rip from a game by myself, it would be really great, especially because I would be able to keep the same graphic style for the whole game.

If you have some complete modern-kit, it would be really nice, I have been looking for nice resources for ages, and I never like one. ;_;

Well, if you can suggest me a game with good graphics, with no modern tiles, would be nice too. Just to figure out, I love the Alundra graphics, but I'm not sure I will use it yet, I'll rather look for some modern stuff first. (yah i'm pretty confused about the look of my game, even if the story is completely stored in my head P:) I'm simply sick of putting stuff together, coming from different games or authors. Shame I'm not able to make any graphics at all.

(And, sorry if don't speak english properly)

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:43:58 PM by modern algebra »

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
For mid-sized Japanese cities, the best is the tileset collection at http://www.4shared.com/file/188499196/f17efa27/Tilesets_XP.html.  I'm not sure who the original author is... the web site that originally hosted the tilesets has disappeared.  The collection doesn't have big glass & concrete buildings if you want to build large cities, but it does feature tilesets to build modern homes, apartments, convenience stores, schools, temples, and downtown areas, all in the same artistic style.  The architecture is clearly Japanese, so if your cities are set elsewhere, this probably won't work for you.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Wow, these are great. So much stuff. Thank you  :)