RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to transform monsters?

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
First thing, I know this should go in the troubleshooting section, but I haven't gotten on  RMRK in a while (before the forums were re-designed) and, well, I couldn't find it. :P Yes. I know. Stupid, right? So if anyone can help me with that too, then just add that in to your comment.

NOW. The question is, how do you transform an enemy in RMXP once they are knocked out? The game kills him once his health hits zero. I even tried to have him transform by just making it so he transforms when his health is under 50%, but it just changes his name to what he's supposed to transform to. Not his health, not his graphic, not his attacks, but just his name. Any help for ANY WAY to make an enemy transform in-battle will be accepted. Thanks!  ;D

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
This is what I've done to transform an enemy after it reaches zero hit points.

The first thing to do is set the enemy to Immortal in the Troops tab of the database.  Right-click on the enemy in the battle window, and select Immortal.  With Immortal turned on, the enemy can get hurt even to 0 HP, but can never die.

Now add a new Battle Event for the troop. Set the Condition to Enemy [X]'s HP 1% or below, where X is the enemy you want to transform. Set the Span to Turn.

The first event command should be a Conditional Branch.  On the last tab of Conditional Branch, select Script, and enter this:

Code: [Select]
$game_troop.enemies[X].immortal

X should be one less than whatever number the enemy is in the troop.  If it's the first enemy you added to the troop, then X would be 0.  If it was the third enemy, then X should be 2.  Why do I add this conditional branch?  Well, when I tested the battle without it, sometimes the enemy would transform, I would kill it, and then it would simply reappear. Adding the conditional branch here fixes that.

If you want any special effects, go ahead and add a Show Battle Animation inside the conditional branch.  Next add the event command Enemy Transform.  Then add Enemy Recover All and select your transforming enemy. This will restore all HP, SP, and remove any status effects.

We have to add another scripting event command. After we transform the enemy, it's still set to Immortal.  Add a new event command and select Script so that we can turn off the Immortal flag.  For the script, enter this:

Code: [Select]
$game_troop.enemies[X].immortal = false

Again, replace X with the appropriate number.

That should be it!  The battle event should like something like this: