RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
f.lux Brightness changer thingy

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
A friend recomended f.lux yesterday.

Its a piece of software that changes your displays brightness settings depending on the time of day. Set your lighting and location and it'll gradually adapt the brightness to reflect the light levels in your room.

After using it for only a day its actually making me tired earlier meaning im actually going to bed.

try it out and try to ignore everything looking weird at first :D.

Rep:
Level 84
Very interesting. I've downloaded and am trying it out.

Rep:
Level 83
Ubuntu keeps telling me that I don't have permission to extract it into usr/bin/ even though I am the only user, and I know I am set as the admin. I have never had it happen before...and I wanted to use this...

Never mind. I know what I messed up. It works great now. lol
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 03:01:49 AM by redyugi »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
sudo?

Awesome, sounds like a neat program. I may try this, because I've been thinking I should get more sleep, and from what you say it seems as though it could help me go to bed earlier. :P

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I don't like how it turns my screen orange.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
That looks bad. Why doesn't it just make it darker / less contrasted, instead of making it orange?
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Rep:
Level 83
sudo?
I spelled it wrong so it was giving me errors. I am so smart like that...
I like it. I didn't feel so blinded after turning it off last night

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That looks bad. Why doesn't it just make it darker / less contrasted, instead of making it orange?
It's just my guess, but making it darker/less contrasted makes it hard to see the things on the screen; though things are slightly orange, you can still make everything out normally except for colours (and they have an option to turn it off for an hour so that you can work on colour-important work).

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
It's just my guess, but making it darker/less contrasted makes it hard to see the things on the screen; though things are slightly orange, you can still make everything out normally except for colours (and they have an option to turn it off for an hour so that you can work on colour-important work).

I lower the brightness of my screen all the time.
all it does is make the backlight less intense, it doesn't affect the color or contrast at all.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
While i have to agree that everything being orange is really weird, it aparently has health benefits and sciency stuff around it. Make sure you change your lighting settings, i have mine at flurocent for at night which works a lot better than hallogen and is less orange.

I knew roph wouldnt like it :D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I just keep my room well lit when I'm using my computer, or if the lights are off I just put the brightness at minimum, it seems to work well enough for me.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Eh

My lights are always on at night, and I like seeing the true colors of graphics, especially when spriting. B|

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
theres a mode for turning it off for an hour if you want to do color based work, i have this installed because im not doing any work right now because im so tired :(

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I just keep my room well lit when I'm using my computer, or if the lights are off I just put the brightness at minimum, it seems to work well enough for me.
Yah, but your computer does it for you now, lol.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Yah, but your computer does it for you now, lol.

no, f.lex just turns my screen orange.
I'll stick to Fn+F6