RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RM Data Checker

Rep:
Level 84
Rubber Shark
This program scans through your RMXP or RMVX project for unused or missing graphics and audio, and tells you what database elements are used.  Future versions will of program will provide a more in-depth analysis of your game data, and even make an attempt to fix certain things, like corrupt data files.
I'm sure that this program will be of great assistance to those developing your games, and I hope you will use it to check all of your games.

Screenshot:

Download link
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/337225/Data%20Checker.exe
Source link
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/337225/Data%20Checker.zip
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 01:07:45 AM by Yeyinde »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That's a great idea. Nice work!

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Source please.

Oh, and good job.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 11:28:12 PM by cozziekuns »

Rep:
Level 84
Rubber Shark
Just updated the program to scan whatever RTPs are defined in the Game.ini file, so now you can truly check whether or not you're missing that one RTP file you forgot to include to make your game standalone.  The program now also reports what data files may be corrupt, which is also helpful to know before you run into it trying to play Map039 or whatever.

Rep:
Level 81
Dark Matter
Hey, thats an very good thing *o*

Thank you very much^^

ps: I will show this in another forum (giving credits of course) if you don't mind^^)

See ya

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
Will it scan, or does it scan scripts? ... can it feasibly scan scripts? :/

Also, why is there a ` in the interface. ` is not the left-side substitute for ' why do people think it is.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Fate is the present, not the future.
Definitely a nice concept. I've stopped quite a few projects just because it seemed that I messed up something stupid in the files, and couldn't figure out what it used to be. Kudos, good sir!

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
i give this a thumbs up, great idea! Now i don't need to copy every single rtp file into the main game!

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Sorry if Necro, but I am getting a runtime error when I try to use this, any suggestions?
(besides no necroposting)

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Are you getting an error concerning 'msvcr71.dll'? If so, you can simply do a search of your computer for that file, as it is highly likely that you already have a copy on your hard drive.

If you're getting another error, I would suggest browsing through your Graphics, Data and Audio folder for any random files. I once got a run-time error when I temporarily placed an *.rgss2a file in the Graphics directory. The problem was resolved when I moved the file somewhere else.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
Sorry for the necro but I miss something like this on vx ace.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Sorry to Necro, but I was wondering with the source code, is it possible to make a VXAce version?

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Yes, it is possible.

I started to add functionality for VXAce, but I need to gather up my motivation for the final push.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
That would be amazing!  :tpg:

Rep: +0/-0Level 32
RMRK Junior
I have a problem similar to yours as well.

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
None of the posted links seem to work anymore, and I can't find this program anywhere else.
I would appreciate it if anyone who has it could upload it and post the link here.

I will never understand why people see dropbox as a reliable file hosting website.