RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
iPhone 4

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Dee dee durr time for the fanboy to go on about Apple must bash Apple deedurrdum aint revolushun.

I'll only talk about what I remember and want to talk about.

"Retina Display"
IPS, 4x the pixels, 326 PPI, 960x640, the highest pixel density and resolution on a phone, ever.

Opinion:
It's resolutionary. :V Looks absolutely beautiful from what I've seen, though I (obviously) haven't seen it in person. That's a pretty damn nice display.

HD Video
"Because your iPhone goes with you everywhere, you’re always ready to capture every moment. And with iPhone 4, you can do it in stunning high definition. Its advanced backside illumination sensor delivers great-looking video in both bright and low-light settings. And in dark environments, you can brighten the scene with the built-in LED light."

Tap the object on screen you want to focus on. Focus.

Share it on Youtube, MMS, and MobileMe.

Opinion:
I haven't seen the 720p video, so not much to say. I'd use it, and if it looks good, good.

iMovie
Edit HD video on a phone, like on a computer. Resize clips, insert clips, add transitions, add titles and text, add music, and share your videos.

Opinion:
Editing HD video on a phone? And it actually looks pretty good? (looks better than wmm) I'd rather edit on a computer, obviously, but I can see me using this for video I recorded on the phone when I'm not around my computer. It looks fairly simple to use, yet the final products look great.

Gyroscope
There's a gyroscope in the phone.

Opinion:
HOLY FUCK THERE'S A Cthulhu DAMN GYROSCOPE THIS THING IS LIKE A FUCKING SIX AXIS CONTROLLER AND STEVE JOBS WAS PLAYING SOME BIZARRE JENGA SHIT AND HE WAS TURNING AROUND FUCK YEAH

Camera
The camera is better.

These are pictures:
http://images.apple.com/iphone/features/includes/camera-gallery/01-20100607.jpg
http://images.apple.com/iphone/features/includes/camera-gallery/02-20100607.jpg
http://images.apple.com/iphone/features/includes/camera-gallery/03-20100607.jpg
http://images.apple.com/iphone/features/includes/camera-gallery/04-20100607.jpg
http://images.apple.com/iphone/features/includes/camera-gallery/05-20100607.jpg
http://images.apple.com/iphone/features/includes/camera-gallery/06-20100607.jpg
http://images.apple.com/iphone/features/includes/camera-gallery/06-20100607.jpg

Opinion:
Those are pretty damn good pictures for being a camera the size of a pin, and it's on a phone. I would use this.

Design
The iPhone 4 is an object, and it reflects and absorbs light.

The frame is made of stainless steel, and the front and back of glass used in FUCKING HELICOPTERS AND TRAINS. Plus, the frame is actually acts antennas, so you get an extra amount of radiation in your hand. :v

Spoiler for:

Opinion:
The black iPhone 4 is gorgeous-- the most beautiful man made object I've ever seen. The white one can go suck a cock because it looks like shit.

Face Time
Face to face calls, video conferences, flip between the front camera and the back camera.

Opinion:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I can't see myself ever making video calls, at least not in the near future. I think some people will enjoy this, but I won't exactly be using it any time soon.

THE END
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:25:28 PM by Irock »

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
It looks nice, though saying a apple product looks nice is redundant.

Though i'm wondering about the camera, will it just "look" HD when played on the iPhone, or will it still be able to be played on your computer at 1280x720

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
No, the video is true 1280x720. I'm more concerned with how the picture is, though you can't expect too much out of a camera that tiny.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I still find it funny how "revolutionary" and "new" they claim it all is, when pretty much every single feature has been done before, often for years.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
I wasn't going to get an iPhone, but my brother's iPod touch fucking broke.

I'll still probably get a Droid, though.

Rep:
Level 102
I still find it funny how "revolutionary" and "new" they claim it all is, when pretty much every single feature has been done before, often for years.
I don't recall Steve even saying "revolutionary" or "new" (unless used in the context as a new feature for the iPhone) once during the keynote.

What are they claiming to be the first to do, other than having the highest resolution in a phone, ever? I'm assuming you mean first, since "revolutionary" has nothing to do with being first at something. They are however claiming that video conferencing on phones will change the way we communicate, and I'm sure a lot of phones will try to follow in Apple's footsteps on this, as they often seem to do, whether they're first or not.

Nobody buys a product because it's revolutionary or new; they a product because they like it.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
They've got really small data capacity though, so you'll need to have it nearly empty if you wanted to record HD videos. =/

Edit: And what's a gyroscope, and why does a phone need one? ;o
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 102
Most point and shoot "pocket" HD video recorders like the Flip Mino HD and Creative Vado only have a few gigs of storage space on them. The iPhone has 16 or 32 gigs. I only use like 7 on my iPod Touch, so there's plenty of space for what it is. It's not something you'd shoot a movie with.

Edit: And what's a gyroscope, and why does a phone need one? ;o
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyroscope

This raises the iPhone's motion sensing up to six axises and makes things a bit more accurate. This is useful for gaming, just like the accelerometer is.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORcu-c-qnjg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORcu-c-qnjg</a>

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
the coolest part about that whole post was the gyroscope.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Still no SD card slot. No thanks. 16GB of memory does not cost $100. Not even a third of that.

Still forced into the walled garden of the app store. No Thanks. I want to run apps I want to use, not what apple says I can use.

No flash. No thanks. Given the choice, I want flash support online.

Still carrier locked. No thanks. I don't want a contract or to have my choice of carrier forced upon me.

Still bathed in DRM, artificial limitations, anti competitive practices and censorship. No, no thanks.

The pixel comparisons have also been demonstrably faked, by as much as double what is possible in reality.

http://gawker.com/5558442/how-apple-tricks-you

I'd choose and recommend an android device if I thought I needed a smartphone, possibly a G4.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 11:04:37 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Thanks for sharing your reasons for not wanting an iPhone 4, Roph! Only one of those is an issue for me. 16 gigs is enough for everything I'd ever want on a phone, I'm willing to actually pay for applications, never need or want flash (especially since it's garbage on phones), don't know of any useless artificial limitations anti-competitive practices or censorship.

The only issue is that it's only on one carrier.  I would love to see it expand to another, which would only give more options and grow the iPhone's market share even more. Perhaps then people like me who are stuck with one carrier would be able to get the iPhone. :]

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You really love Apple, don't you, Cory? P:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Cory Finite Loop Martin.

Finite because he can't see beyond Apple. ZING!
I kid. Cupertino is nice, though. I think palo alto is nicer, but I'd imagine that has a lot to do with Standford. Pretty cities, in general.

I do like the redesign. Any word on when these will become itouches?

Rep:
Level 102
Nah, there wasn't any word on the iPod Touch. But they usually make iPod announcements in (I think) September.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Yeah, cool.

Can't wait for that! Been waiting for them to make a remodeled iphone/touch for a while now.

Rep:
Level 102
bringing sexy back

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
lol at gizmodo.

"Retina Display." God how I hate buzzwords and business jargon. I hate it when companies create buzzwords for something that would otherwise be called by exactly what it is, "high resolution," in this case. But that kind of gives the impression that the older models have "lower resolution," which is bad, so they say it has "retina display," this incredible new feature that makes everything look better so you must get this new model.
@Irock: I'm flaming a general practice, broksi. ;)

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
People only browse 4chan to catch a glimpse of CP before the mods "wake up" and take it down. It's the shit hole of the internet, and you should feel bad for going there.

edit: This has nothing to do with Apple. I just don't like 4chan, or people who bring track its dirt into RMRK.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:34:34 PM by Arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
oh baww ads on free aps.
big whoop, it just means that people can get more apps for free and the developers can make money without having to charge for it.

what would RMRK be without Ads Roph?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
Roph doesn't want to see ads and Roph doesn't want to pay for applications. Roph personally blocks the ads on RMRK therefor Apple shouldn't come out with an ad service and ads shouldn't be in applications.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I don't like the iPhone or much of Apples products for the same reasons as most other people, such as Roph, but I believe it's about damn time they made the back flat. Jesus christ the fucking convex was stupid.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Just half on/off topic, i never understood why apple products are so expensive.

Looking at the site, £913 for the basic 13" mac book pro with a duel core, 4 gig of ram, 320gb HDD and Nvidia 320m.

All mediocre parts with a high price tag.

But for the almost the same specs (Larger screen and Hard Drive, though a  Nvidia 310m) For half the price as a windows laptop.

Rep:
Level 102
Because Apple hates you and doesn't want anyone to buy their products.

This isn't turning into another stupid Apple price argument.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I'm not trying to say "LOL APPLE SUCKS", i just don't understand there pricing.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
It's true; hackintoshes are still much cheaper than the official builds, and they are just as stable if you build them properly.

EXcept you're not going to build your own iphone as easily lol.