RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Help Eventing XP] Change party members

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Im trying to create a change party system through events. The system includes 3 characters, each with their own abilities(One can move heavier rocks, one can read some books, ect). The main idea of this system is to have the 2 other characters walking behind one, similar to a cartepillar system. When you press Z, you will change to character behind you( If the characters stands in one line, you will change to the one behind you, and the old character will go to the back of the line). If you press Z again, you will change to the next character, and so on.

However, I don't get it to work. When I press the Z button, it's switches to the second character, but instantly switches back the first character again. Sometimes, it switches to the third character instead of the second.

I don't know if it's the Switches Im using that bugging out eachother. I tried with Variables, but it didn't work either. So I wonder how I shoud event this, because Im stuck.

Sorry if it sounds confusing, but it's hard to explain with my bad english.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke

Rep:
Level 89
Well, it solves the character switch, but not the whole problem.

You have 3 characters in your party, Hera, Daniel and Sara. When you swich over to Daniel, you can move rocks. When you have switched over to Hera or Sara, you can't move rocks. How do I solve that?

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Well, it solves the character switch, but not the whole problem.

You have 3 characters in your party, Hera, Daniel and Sara. When you swich over to Daniel, you can move rocks. When you have switched over to Hera or Sara, you can't move rocks. How do I solve that?
Not quite sure, but I'm sure it can be handled through a variable (via a script call, of course).

I don't have a lot of experience with party-based environments, as my games are usually ABS games with only one person in the party at all times.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Just make a check to see if the lead character is the guy you want (in this case, Daniel). Make a simple script call like this:

Code: [Select]
$game_variables[Whatever variable ID] =
$game_party.actors.empty? ? 0 :
$game_party.actors[0].id

So that if Daniel's Actor ID is 3, then the variable that you set will also be 3. Then you can just check that with conditional branches and what not.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 05:54:35 PM by cozziekuns »

Rep:
Level 89
Just make a check to see if the lead character is the guy you want (in this case, Daniel). Make a simple script call like this:

Code: [Select]
$game_variables[Whatever variable ID] =
$game_party.actors.empty? ? 0 :
$game_party.actors[0].id

So that if Daniel's Actor ID is 3, then the variable that you set will also be 3. Then you can just check that with conditional branches and what not.

Is the "?" supposed to be something else?

Rep:
Level 84
Nope. The Whatever variable ID is, but you probably already knew that.

Rep:
Level 89
Yes I did.

But it still dosen't work. All 3 can still move the rock.

Rep:
Level 84
Hmm.. That's weird. Can I see your events?

Rep:
Level 89
This is the event for the rock:
Spoiler for:

I have another event with a Call Common Event for the script.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
The problem is that you have the variable set to equal itself... and Variable X is always equal to variable X.

It is one of the algebraic properties!

Rep:
Level 84
Yeah, Mikhail's right. What's Daniel's Actor ID? For example, if his Actor ID is 2, change it to:

Conditional Branch: Variable [0002] == 2
  Blah Blah Blah
  Else
  I'm too weak to move this one
Branch End

Maybe I didn't explain it too well. If that's the case, I'm sorry.

Rep:
Level 89
That's okay :). It works perfectly now. Thanks for the help.