RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
PROJECT VIRAL(1.5) Final Release!

Rep: +0/-0Level 83

FULL DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE 69 MB: http://www.mediafire.com/?twwfac1knccanlh

(Note: This game doesn't require rpg maker to run because it has it's own installer.)

Genre: Action Survival Horror
Estimated Gametime: 1 hour 30 minutes
Difficulty: Moderate
Rating: Teen
Hard Disc Size: 69MB

CONTROLS
Move Up: Up Cursor           
Move Down: Down Cursor
Move Left: Left Cursor   
Move Right: Right Cursor
Action/Interact: ENT Key
Cancel/Menu: ESC Key     
Attack/Action: T Key   
Defend: D               
Run: R                   
Map Display: M           
Enable/Disable HUD: Z   
Assemble Hotkeys: X     
F12: Reset Game.exe

Summary of the Game...
"Project Viral: Zero" is a survival horror game that has been developed using Rpg Maker XP. Originally this game was planned to be called "School of the Dead" but with a lot of changes to the plot, it was renamed. The game originally focused mainly on scare factors to terrify the player but with the changes in hand there were more features added such as the use of a unique battlesystem which meant more gameplay action was provided. The player has a more diverse control when encountering enemies such as the common zombie. With all this, the game now fails to stay as one genre and could even be classified as a hybrid. The setting of the game is in a military school where a virus has spread through out the entire area turning most of the people there who don't have a strong immune system into flesh eating zombie like cannables. The player is either a male or female high school student or a Kilos Officer who has to survive the horrors ahead of them whilst uncovering the secrets behind the scenes. The first disc of the game has been release as version 1.0 needing more work and revamping but is never the less a full game giving you to opportunity to play from Comrad's point of view in the story...

THE STORY
Professor Zen, a teacher and a scientist working on biological substances for the Kilos Military is given a task to create a serum capable of forming immortal soldiers. The Kilos Organisation thrive for power and after killing what appears to be a demon, hand over the corpse to Zen. Deep underground of the military school, he continues to experiment in old laboratories used by Kilos in the past. The professor is astonished with the capabilities of the substances created from his experiments but one night after nearly completing his task, there is an error. The labs are now shrouded in a mist which appears to have risen to the surface of the school. This outbreak causes most of the students living at the school that have come close to the mist to turn into zombie like freaks. The Kilos Military Police intervene...

Comrad Stillwell
Age: 16                                                                                                           
Gender: Male                                                                                                                           Occupation: Student
A month before the outbreak, after experiencing a tough past, Comrad joins the Kilos Military with nothing else holding him back. Impressed by his combat skill, the Kilos Organisation sends him to a military school to be strongly educated, living there on campus for a year before receiving strict training. Unfortunately for Comrad, one night he wakes up whilst the school is infested with zombies. “What the fucks going on?” he says. It’s time for Comrad to find some answers and a way out of this havoc...

Etheelia Lightheart
Age:16                                                                                                                               Gender:Female                                                                                                                                                               
Etheelia is the daughter of one of the Kilos Organisation’s Executives. She is also a friend of Comrad in the school and like him, she lives on campus too. Although her father forbids it, she decides to join Kilos to understand their secrets. One night, troubled by a strange fog or mist keeping her from sleeping, Etheelia leaves her room but is however attacked by a zombie. “AAAGHH!” she screams. “So this is part of what Kilos is hiding. Maybe coming here wasn’t a good idea after all...” Can Etheelia manage to survive this infestation?

Ramori Gans
Age: 23                                                                                                                               Gender: Male                                                                                                                            Occupation: Soldier
Ramori Gans is a soldier of the Kilos Military. He had only recently completed his training and although at times he can be sloppy, he is an excellent soldier in frontal combat. Gans, also given the nickname “RamG” already knows about Project Viral. When the viral outbreak begins to infect the school, a mission begins and he is sent to assist. He enters the school to complete his objective with much doubt on his mind...

Some useful tips whilst playing Project Viral
Here are some useful tips whilst playing Project Viral. This game is environmentally friendly so I advise you to examine objects such as shelves, cupboards and even corpses. You’ll find that there are Items and even money hidden in many different places. With the cash you find, use the vending machines to buy some Items that you can use to recover energy which is used to perform stances giving you an edge against enemies. Also, when you bump into zombies, try to avoid most of them because fighting a zombie is mainly a waste of ammunition if you are using guns or mainly a waste of health if you are using melee weapons. You’ll need to save your First Aid Kits and ammo because you’ll need them later on in the game so searching for Items will help you in the long run.

Spoiler for current features in the game
Zombies
Action Battle system
Automatic Cutscenes
Comic style dialogue
10+ weapons
A Dark Atmosphere
A Sense of Realism
Tensioning Music
Shocking Sound Effects
Guns and ammo
Enviromentally Friendly
An Explorable School
A Mini Map
Vending Machines
Respawning Enemies
Character Stances
10 EXP Levels
Cheat Codes

Credits to the resources used and that were modified
Music and Sound Effects
•   Resident Evil
•   Silent Hill
•   Brainbread
•   Counter-Strike

Graphic Resources
RPG REVOLUTION
TEKTEK
TEAMANTI
NEO RTP
MYSELF

Scripts
•   Blizz ABS
•   Ccoa’s UMS
•   Laws Custom Menu’s
•   Arevulopapo Stepping Script
•   Moghunter’s Treasure and Map name
•   Advocates Buy/Sell only shops
•   Atoa’s HP and MP meter
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:52:22 AM by obsorber »

Rep:
Level 83
I dont care doesnt mean I dont understand
Wow. It looks great I'll give it a try..

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
This sounds very interesting, I have to give it a try.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Cool I hope you enjoy it.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Grah, the demo download link isn't working.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
It's cause SMF's url tags are different from regular forums.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O0XOBWWB

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Wow, it works; it's like magic! Thanks a load!

Just to let you know. This game is being updated to version 1.5. This will make the game much cleaner, polished, changes will be made, extra features available and there are added ideas set in motion for the game such as the extra event occurances...

Download is down till game is updated...

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
dl'in it :) looks gr8
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

The Updated Release of Project Viral is here!
69 MB

Rep:
Level 84
nao funciona o link para dl

« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:51:35 AM by obsorber »

Rep:
Level 84
bin so long. gonna try it anyway ;)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Game is pretty good, but if there's any critique I could give:
  • the tutorial is sorta misplaced (I'm told the keys I can hit in the middle of a story sequence, and then not allowed to move for a while, making me forget keys and have to hope that a readme was included).
  • the dialogue is pretty hamfisted, waaaaaaay to much usage of "what the fuck.", using "..." as a sentence ender too much.
  • I really don't see why equipping keys is necessary, it just makes the doors clunky.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:49:17 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)